Mulberry Horror Stories

My example would be:

About a week after i got my conker SBS i took it out tothepub with me. Unfortunately i got really wasted (so out of character) and can't remember getting home. When i woke up i couldn't find my bag anywhere, searched everywhere i could think of and even out in the garden and street. After getting quite upset and resigming myself to losing it forever, i found it under my bed, i have no idea how it got there but was doing cartwheels i was so happy to find it

My example would be:

About a week after i got my conker SBS i took it out tothepub with me. Unfortunately i got really wasted (so out of character) and can't remember getting home. When i woke up i couldn't find my bag anywhere, searched everywhere i could think of and even out in the garden and street. After getting quite upset and resigming myself to losing it forever, i found it under my bed, i have no idea how it got there but was doing cartwheels i was so happy to find it

That's classic!! ;) I can imagine the frantic searching and complete befuddlement when you found her under your bed!! Was she relatively unscathed, btw?

She was thankfully in one piece and undamaged but i was absolutely gutted it was only a week old and was the first timei took her out :sad:

:lol: Mind you, you'd have been more gutted if she'd a) been covered in beer swill (or worse!) b) been found lurking in the leafy undergrowth of someone's garden or c) never been found at all - particularly if your purse etc was in there, which I suspect it was!!

:lol: Mind you, you'd have been more gutted if she'd a) been covered in beer swill (or worse!) b) been found lurking in the leafy undergrowth of someone's garden or c) never been found at all - particularly if your purse etc was in there, which I suspect it was!!

No lol my purse fell out in the pub, but my friend found it so it could have been much worse

A big lesson was learned tgat night

No lol my purse fell out in the pub, but my friend found it so it could have been much worse

A big lesson was learned tgat night

We've all been there!! ;) I can remember some interesting student events, including a Bavarian night, standing on a table waving a German flag and singing "Rule Britannia"! But far too poor (and ignorant!) to have a Mulb in those dim and distant days!! :lol:

We've all been there!! ;) I can remember some interesting student events, including a Bavarian night, standing on a table waving a German flag and singing "Rule Britannia"! But far too poor (and ignorant!) to have a Mulb in those dim and distant days!! :lol:

Oh mayfly i've had some pretty crazy nights out too but this was the worst by far, now i keep firm hold of my mulbs when i'm out

That's horrible, I can't imagine how I would feel thinking I'd lost my Mulberry after a night out :shocked:

My moment of horror was when a friend of my boyfriend's gave us a ride to the railway station last summer. For some reason I can't remember now, my boyfriend had my Bays on his lap while I was on the back seat. When we arrived, we got out of the car, and my BF placed my Bays on the front seat while he checked we hadn't left anything in the car. We were just leaving when the guy who drove us there said "Don't forget this" and he threw my Bayswater out of the car. I was a little further away so I couldn't do anything, but I think the time slowed down as I watched my Bays fly through the air, my BF trying to reach it with a look of panic in his eyes, but failing, and finally seeing my precious bag hit the pavement. Fortunately, she survived with the tiniest scratch, but boy, was I horrified!

mllev said:
That's horrible, I can't imagine how I would feel thinking I'd lost my Mulberry after a night out :shocked:

My moment of horror was when a friend of my boyfriend's gave us a ride to the railway station last summer. For some reason I can't remember now, my boyfriend had my Bays on his lap while I was on the back seat. When we arrived, we got out of the car, and my BF placed my Bays on the front seat while he checked we hadn't left anything in the car. We were just leaving when the guy who drove us there said "Don't forget this" and he threw my Bayswater out of the car. I was a little further away so I couldn't do anything, but I think the time slowed down as I watched my Bays fly through the air, my BF trying to reach it with a look of panic in his eyes, but failing, and finally seeing my precious bag hit the pavement. Fortunately, she survived with the tiniest scratch, but boy, was I horrified!

I can imagine the slow motion 'Noooooo!' as you saw it falling. I would be horrified. I always decant my Mulberry into a backup bag when I go out to a busy pub or party. My OH bought me my oak Bays so I'd like to think he appreciates how much I take care of it. Went round to friends house Friday and used my backup. They have 2 dogs which were licking it within an hr. I just gave him a knowing look :smile: Using a backup is mainly to protect other people more than myself. God help anyone who accidentally spilt red wine or beer on my beautiful Bay, I could not be held accountable for my actions! Looking into buying a chocolate Bays for pub outings, bit more resilient than my oak. :smile: :smile:

Oh my god, this is toe curling... After months/years of babying, these stories are truly horrifying!

My horror story is when I unknowingly parked my chair ON my nearly new black buffalo Alexa (omg wtf!!?) and found a nice round dent in her afterwards!

I was initially gutted but luckily it's on the back and now I kind of like it. It's almost like a "war wound" and part of her story.

The moral of which is... Always use a HANDBAG HOOK!!!

Attachments

• image-2263664550.jpg
    image-2263664550.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 699
  • image-3746414203.jpg
    image-3746414203.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 708
Last edited:
After we moved to Glasgow last February, my sister who lives in London decided to take her oak Piccadily and drop us a visit. To my surprise I found her crying her heart out when I finally arrived (30 minutes late, I am a great sister, can you tell? :biggrin:) to pick her up. Apparently, when the security staff horizontally placed her wonderful bag into the scanning machine it got out having a large grey stain at the back, something she only realised when she was putting it in the luggage compartment before takeoff!

I thought crying was a little extravagant, but then I realised that this bag costs over £1000 and was brand new! Poor thing, she had worked so hard for the bag and we literally tried everything but unfortunately the stain remains.

True shock horror stories. How awful.:wtf::Pullhair:

Very lucky nothing has happened to mine as yet. Very careful though.
The only horror that nearly happened was my 3yr was sick on the leather sofa narrowly missing my Mulberry so lucky i had moved it 5 mins before otherwise push polly in conker would have been a total gonna. :roflmfao:
Never keep your bags anywere near toddlers.:nogood: