Mulberry faux pas?

Thanks for all the messages, I used the bag today and absolutely love it. Definitely going to keep it. The quality is fabulous. I've got a number of Prada bags and it's better than those. I appreciate all the opinions I've received and there is no question in my mind that I'll keep it. I think I'll get another in a different colour where the bronzed hardware really compliments the leather. On this occasion I've managed to find exactly what I was looking for. Although there's no question I'll get another Bayswater, I've now got my eye on the mushroom Leah Tote. Oh yes, did someone mention a slippery slope?

Hi korzinka, whilst we are all perfectly free to voice our opinions and that is one of things I appreciate most about this forum, I would like to suggest that you edit potentially libelous comments about Mulberry collaborations. We know that Mulberry read this thread and they could potentially take those comments very badly (unless you have proof in which case I apologise and will butt out).

We know that Mulberry read this thread and they could potentially take those comments very badly (unless you have proof in which case I apologise and will butt out).

Thank you for your comment - I was trying to help make a right choice. As soon as the person makes the choice, I will be just happy for them. When something is expressed as personal opinion only, it cannot be considered as libellous, and this is an absolute defense in law. As long as you make it clear that it is a personal opinion - you have the right to freedom of speech.
There is a lot of enabling going on this forum - which sometimes can make people overspend and buy too much, and we all might fall victims to a group behaviour of compulsive buying (and I am not immune). There is also a lot of psychological influence, mixed with commercial interests of some members (naturally, if we possess Mulberries, we want other people to expect our bags to be exclusive and expensive so the bags could hold their second-hand value well), so sometimes our best intentions could be perceived as"brainwashing".
I have seen some awful quality genuine Mulberry, and I have seen fakes that are of excellent quality. This is true. Not all from Mulberry is fabulous, in my humble opinion, that's all.:graucho:

I just read the post by Mulberry Ellie and I totally agree, actually - I am sorry I was not clear - I only meant the bags produced for outlet sales were not the same quality, not samples or old stock - these may be absolutely beautiful, and samples may be actually crafted by the best masters at mulberry - turning those bags into the best pieces.
Interestingly, I actually have a printed Oak Bayswater with the leather inside flap - but, I think, it is not a special outlet bag, l bought it full price at Mulberry, it was available for one season and then discomntinued, and I think this model then made it's way to outlets. The quality is great, no problem.

Harrie, another big WELCOME from me!
Your Bays sounds utterly delicious, I LOVE the silver h/w and wish Mulberry used it more. I'm so glad you're loving using her - I bet she draws many an envious glance while you're out and about!
I wish I lived closer to an outlet - however my bank account is very glad that I don't :biggrin:

There is a lot of enabling going on this forum - which sometimes can make people overspend and buy too much, and we all might fall victims to a group behaviour of compulsive buying (and I am not immune).

I totally agree - I know Ive always been a very poor enabler as I want girls to buy only when they can genuinely afford to do so.

As you all know I have a ridiculous sized collection but have always bought without credit, with my own (heard earnt) money & have no mortgage or dependants..............nevertheless I def succombed to comfort buying last year because of the terrible situation at work and seeing all the lovely bags on the forum made it a total compulsion for a while.

On the other hand, I only regret buying about 5 of the entire 140 and these will be moved on at somepoint. I do love my bags and I know most of them are irreplaceable.

I have seen some awful quality genuine Mulberry, and I have seen fakes that are of excellent quality. This is true. Not all from Mulberry is fabulous, in my humble opinion, that's all.:graucho:

Absolutely correct!

I recently saw a friend-of-a-friend's fake Oliver briefcase/laptop - the leather quality was beautiful..............far superior to the awful NVT Roxannes I saw recently at HOF Bham. I was shocked.

Quite a few girls have had nightmare issues with quality:
New Jaquettas & A4 Ant Leather - Piping sticking through
Roxannes - Studs falling off
Shimmys - leather wear, hardware breaking
Mabels/Bays - colour change/fade
Horse Keyring - falling to bits
Roxanne Python - studs again
Et al

BUT I think we are all savant consumers - we may love our Mulberrys but because of the quality & design not because of celebrity endorsement etc.

I remain a loyal advocate of the Outlets, there are great unusual bargains to be had............job or no job I couldnt be a full price customer at today's prices!

(God - I do go on when I get started...............sorry)

Mulberry Ellie may actually be the best Mulberry collector in the world - and this will become more and more important as the time goes - so the real day might come , say, 20 years from now - when Mulberry themselves will come to borrow the samples .
I think, some of us are "collectors", some - users (as someone mentioned on this forum already), some sell bags, some never sell. Collectors will be fussy and picky on quality, users would want good quality and great design for their needs. Hence the different opinions.
Despite my collection being very small - i still have to say I am not a "user" but "collector" type my work is such that the only bag I can take to work is Putty leopard patent clutch... the rest I will be too worried to use when at work - so it is only when out with children etc.... My hands are seriously dirty and come in all colours most of the time at work!

I think the important thing is that you love the bag you buy. Whether you use the bag or add to a collection is not so important - that is always your own decision. None of these bags are cheap and I really think if you can justify the money and love the bag then you should go for it. Whether or not someone else likes your choice or prefers their own doesn't matter too much. All of us are different and like different things and a good discussion is always worthwhile.
It's great if you find a bag that makes you happy. There's plenty of misery and unhappiness out there. Being happy is so much better!!!

Very interesting points from both Ellie and Korzinka imo.

Would just like to say to Korzinka that I appreciate your clarification of your earlier post. I find it very sad that people could potentially end up feeling that their outlet purchases are inferior, and it's been clear to see on the forum that while, generally speaking Mulberry quality is fab (that's why we love it isn't it??!!) it's also fair to say that they don't always get it right, outlet or non-outlet!

Well said all and a very interesting discussion. I have say though that this is the second time in 2 days that I have been described as a "user" (the first was at work and I can't remember what it referred to). Please, I do have a reputation to uphold ha ha

seriously though I am using the med mitzy hobo my dear DH bought me on a recent work trip. I know some ladies do not see this range as true mulberry or at least not what it has always sigified. I would however challenge anyone to find a more comfy and easy bag to carry (once the handle had softened of course which in my case was during the first outing when I sat fiddling with it).

Lol Bluecat at user! How very dare they :nuts:

Totally agree on the Mitzy hobo btw. It might not have the glamour or excitement of some of the bags (or more specifically, the leathers), but I've never had such a useable, comfortable and robust Mulberry. Well,I suppose it's early days for me on the robust bit. Hope I haven't jinxed us all now :sweatdrop: