Mulberry faux pas?

harrie

Mar 9, 2010
Staffordshire, UK
Hi, I think I've already tried to post this thread but possibly in the wrong forum. I just want opinions on whether I've wasted 416 pounds. I purchased a Mulberry Bayswater bag yesterday from an outlet village. Smooth black grain but without the clochette. I love the bag but as I'm now struggling to convince Mulberry to let me buy the padlock I'm feeling disillusioned. The sales assistant in the shop assured me the bag was this season but all the hardware is metallic silver as opposed to Bronze, I prefer it silver but don't want to look like I've got some cheap fake. Any opinions?

Mar 7, 2007
London, England
I believe it is a current season bag - but what is called an 'outlet special' - produced purely for the outlets and not available in normal stores.

Mulberry won't sell cloche and keys seperately, but I think the silver hardware is gorgeous and extra special. You may just have to live without the clochette. Lots of girls actually take the clochettes off of their bays anyway.

B

bluecat_00

Don't be down hearted - black bays with silver hardware is very desirable. I thought you would be able to get a cloche and keys by ordering from Mulberry - perhaps you should call their head office at Shepton Mallet and ask there. The leather combo you describe is an outlet special but there is nothing wrong with that imho

harrie

Mar 9, 2010
Staffordshire, UK
Thank you so much! I've been hovering over my computer thinking I'd made a huge and costly mistake and wondering how I could take it back. Can't help thinking I should have paid that bit extra. I love my bags, I've got a gorgeous Roxanne in duckegg blue and several Prada bags. I've never purchased from an outlet village before and almost felt abit 'dirty'. I don't do fakes. I'm so glad I've found this site. No one seems to get my love of bags.

B

bluecat_00

Hey you are in good company here harrie. we are all potty about bags.

harrie

Mar 9, 2010
Staffordshire, UK
I'll keep it then. I suppose I should be looking for my next bag in order to keep up with you guys. My 'wardrobe of bags' feels quite naked in comparison to the little stars. I can't actually believe I've managed to find a site dedicated to people who love bags, surreal but brilliant.

klp0213

Sep 2, 2008
Northern Ireland
Hi and welcome! We're all pretty obsessive about Mulberry bags so you're in good company!

Would love to see photos of your lovely black Bays. I, for one, prefer the silver hardware to the brass on black leather. You may be able to have a cloche made but would need to ask the factory shop in Shepton.

Feb 7, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
I certainly prefer silver hardware. And I've got an outlet Bays as well, in peppled leather. I love it :love:
And in my opinium it only makes it better that there aren't that many of them around.

Lakrits

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 27, 2009
Sweden
Welcome to the forum harrie, you just found the place to be for mad Mulberry lovers. Your new Bays sounds fab, we love pics on here !

harrie

Mar 9, 2010
Staffordshire, UK
I'll try and sort out pics for the future. To be honest I've never joined a forum before, I couldn't see the point until I found this site. Like minded people who have opinions on bags, excellent. And lets not forget the fact that we all have excellent taste, clearly. I feel really chuffed with my purchase again, thank you.