Mulberry East West Antony

berryhappy66

Sep 27, 2012
Hi All, I am thinking of getting the new Mulberry East West Antony or the Antony messenger (the larger of the two) but i can't decide between the two??!!! Please if anyone has bought the east west antony and own the antony messenger, share your experiences?? Also, toying with the idea of the Freya satchel and the small chiltern satchel. Any tips or advice very welcome!!!

The large Antony is my most used bag, I use it more than all my others put together ! Very robust and easy to look after, stylish and classic, and very Mulberry.

I personally don't like the look of The East West Antony, the dimensions look odd to me, but maybe that's because I am so used to the large.

I have heard there are quality issues with the Freya, and I would always choose a mulberry bag made from a natural leather rather than an engineered one.

The large Antony is my most used bag, I use it more than all my others put together ! Very robust and easy to look after, stylish and classic, and very Mulberry.

I personally don't like the look of The East West Antony, the dimensions look odd to me, but maybe that's because I am so used to the large.

I have heard there are quality issues with the Freya, and I would always choose a mulberry bag made from a natural leather rather than an engineered one.
Thank you Earl-Grey-Tea, I have now read a few posts/comments about the quality issues of Freya so that's scraped now. It's still down to the east west antony in natural grain leather which on their website says "This natural looking grainy 100% vegetable tanned leather is finished similarly to our Natural Leather. It has been print assisted to make the grain consistent and regular." However, the regular antony is in their standard natural veg tanned leather so not sure which one is better and more durable. I want a bag that I can use for everyday use. thanks!!!

I personally don't like the idea of a very uniform looking leather, but I'm Mulberry old skool !

I don't think you can beat the leathers on the standard large Antony, especially if you want a bag for daily use.

Reactions: NY2005
I generally use my chocolate. I've also got an Oxblood one in heavy pebbled leather from 5 years or so ago, it's a much nicer shade than the current Oxblood IMO, plus the leather on the current Oxblood seems to scratch really easily.

And I've got one in oak.

All bought on eBay ! I think they are now a rather ridiculous £650 on Mulberry.com

wo
I generally use my chocolate. I've also got an Oxblood one in heavy pebbled leather from 5 years or so ago, it's a much nicer shade than the current Oxblood IMO, plus the leather on the current Oxblood seems to scratch really easily.

And I've got one in oak.

All bought on eBay ! I think they are now a rather ridiculous £650 on Mulberry.com
Wow! you really love the antony! there seem to be so many fake ones on ebay so scary!

Which one did you get in the end? Hubby has just ordered me the east west in oxblood for work so I can bing my laptop in it. I’m rocking slightly as this will be the first bag I’ve ever purchased online so have no idea what it’s like

Which one did you get in the end? Hubby has just ordered me the east west in oxblood for work so I can bing my laptop in it. I’m rocking slightly as this will be the first bag I’ve ever purchased online so have no idea what it’s like
Hi there, for a laptop, it's probably best to go for a east west as it will fit a laptop better. I ended up getting a small chiltern satchel as I just needed a handbag but I got a large antony as well!! (sold some of my old stuff to buy it) I love the large antony for everyday use but I wouldn't say it is best for carrying a laptop around. the easy west is still better for laptop. hope this helps.