Mulberry Dustbags

haribo15

Apr 29, 2009
Hi everyone!

Did Mulberry change their original dustbags with new ones??? White???
Got abit confused when my friend showed me her new bag...and to my surprise the dustbag was white :wtf:

Thanks alot.

My tickings Bays arrived in the white dustbag and when Rachie did a reveal a while back she received a white dustbag too. Someone on the forum said that maybe they use it for lighter coloured bags....

I have white ones for my denim ticking bags, but I just assumed they were white in case there was any dye transfer from burgandy dustbg to a material bag with a lot of white on it.

Yeah that should be right beacuse my friend's bag was a light color so they must be doing so not to get color transfer on the bag.
Thanks all of you for your help!!!!!!!

:urock:

I was at the York outlet a couple of weeks ago (and accidentally bought a bag), and when the SA produced the dustbag for it, it was a white one. I asked him why it was white and not brown (as the bag I was buying wouldn't have had a problem with colour transfer) and he said something about Mulberry using white dustbags at the outlets and brown ones for full price items as a way of differentiating them. I'm not sure if this is true or just what he was told, but it could be the reason?

maybe, although both the bags that i have with white dustbags were from main mulberry stores, and the outlet one i bought via mail order and returned last week had a normal one so it doesn't seem like there is a clear answer. Maybe they have a stack of white ones left to use up or something

So far I think that the White Dustbags have been used for lighter coloured bags. It has nothing to do with Full Price or Outlet bags. However, I was surprised that my Lipstick A4 Roxy Tote didn't come in a White Dustbag. Maybe they're thinking of changing to White ones and its just taking time.

I bought two bags in the summer sale (not at an outlet I might add), one black cracked bays clutch (which came with the regular dust bag) and one white somerset pouch, which came with the white dust bag. Since both bags were on sale in the same store the only pattern I see is that of the color of the bag.

Yes, the white dustbags were initially designed to go with the light coloured bags to avoid possible colour transfer. As time goes on, the white dustbags will get diluted out to factory shops etc, but they are meant really for the light bags.