Mulberry dilemma. Advice if you can please?

lcy32

O.G.
Feb 5, 2009
I have an oak printed and a NVT black Bayswater. I haven't carried either and I have had the black one for nearly twelve months. I think it's because I see them as quite formal bags and I stay at home at present.

Should I sell them on and buy one Del Rey which I would use or keep them?

All advice and suggestions greatly appreciated. X

Trust me, Icy, if you haven't used either of them in 12 months because you have doubts then I suspect you never will! I have a few bags that I haven't had occasion to use yet, but I can see me fishing them out at some point. If I'm brutally honest, I have many others (Kate Spade, Anya Hindmarch, Sara Berman, some Mulberry) that I never use and they need to go. They are expensive items to have sitting around doing nothing, getting squished out of shape and losing money. BUT - if you think that you might use one of them, and will regret selling her, then perhaps hang on to the oak (I know she's heavier, but she's a versatile beauty!) ...

Sorry - I seem to be Devil's Advocate here!

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I feel the Bays are a bit too big on me. I have the red Del Rey which looks a better shape and size I think?? However, I'm due to go back to work next year after 4 years break to be at home with my daughter. I'm not sure the Bays would work in the workplace?

If you feel they are too big on you, sell them as you obviously don't feel comfortable with them - I find the bays too big too!

They certainly are big girls - probably better for work than toting around the shops - but I still persevere with mine on odd occasions, lol! I love their classic DNA - although I've been using the sbs as a substitute recently!

I definitely agree that, if Icy doesn't feel comfortable with them, she needs to move them on and go for her Del Rey.

I used to have a black bays. I sold it because I also found it a bit too big and heavy. I also became a sahm during that time. I used my Mitzy hobo and balenciaga day a lot more. They are more comfy to carry and more casual. I have not missed my black bays at all. I have just revealed my sale purchase small black del Rey. I think it can be casual and formal and it holds quite a bit for its size.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

Sell them and buy the del rey. Particularly if you arent certain in regards to the style on you. A bays would be too big for me too.
I must admit though, I sold one of my bags when I was solely at home with my little one thinking I would never use it again as the style wasnt right. I do really regret it now as I think I would be able to use it again now hes out of that whole baby stage thing and Im back at work a couple of days a week. sigh, live and learn I guess. Its funny how your whole perepective changes when you are at home with little ones, you forget that you will get a life outside back again at some stage!