Mulberry Daria & Effie Hobo Bag ?

TIFFANI251

O.G.
Feb 26, 2012
Hello,

Im in search of a brown hobo bag and these 2 caught my eye. This will be my first time buying the brand and I had a few questions and would appreciate any feedback provided.

1. Being as though the Daria has the big brass logo on the front of the bag, will I need to be concerned with fading/tarnishing or scratching impacting the overall appearance of the bag as it ages.

2. Does anyone own either bag? If yes what are your experiences, is the leather heavy or light and easy to carry.

3. After viewing the modeling pics of the Effie it appears it may poke out when carried on shoulder, does anyone own this paticular bag or similar Mulberry style? If yes, what is your experience with it.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

http://www.mulberry.com/us/shop/womens-bags/shoulder-bags/daria-satchel-oak-spongy-pebbled

http://www.mulberry.com/us/shop/womens-bags/shoulder-bags/effie-hobo-oak-spongy-pebbled

I have the Daria satchel - not in oak but in pheasant green. It is one of my most used bags, love it!

Super light (other than the plaque!) the weight of the plaque keeps the flap hanging nicely though.

The plaque does have light scratches, no tarnishing at all. The scratches don't detract from the overall look of the bag though.

I'll post some pics later of my bag, it's been well used for the last 2 years or so and still looks great.

I have the Daria hobo in Oak. I absolutely love it!
The metal plaque on the front does scratch. I've had mine for about a year and there are some scratches, but I would say it isn't strikingly obvious.

What I love most about it is that it is sturdy and luxurious without being heavy!

I have the Daria satchel - not in oak but in pheasant green. It is one of my most used bags, love it!

Super light (other than the plaque!) the weight of the plaque keeps the flap hanging nicely though.

The plaque does have light scratches, no tarnishing at all. The scratches don't detract from the overall look of the bag though.

I'll post some pics later of my bag, it's been well used for the last 2 years or so and still looks great.
Thanks I would love to see how the bag ages, I look forward to seeing your pics.

I have the Daria hobo in Oak. I absolutely love it!
The metal plaque on the front does scratch. I've had mine for about a year and there are some scratches, but I would say it isn't strikingly obvious.

What I love most about it is that it is sturdy and luxurious without being heavy!
Thanks, this is good to know, so far im leaning more towards purchasing this bag vs the effie.

Not sure if this will help as my bags were the other way round

Daria hobo, plaque got very lightly scratched very quickly - good thing is you can get it replaced for a small amount of £25-£30 or if lucky free of charge. Light and easy to carry, downside forever losing things at the bottom of the bag. Can take the bag out in the rain as practically hurricane proof leather. No marks and leather doesn't seem to dry out.

I'd say Daria satchel is a good choice as can be used over should it cross body..... On reflection wish I had got the Daria satchel

Had the effie satchel, regretted moving it on. Go to bag when didn't want to worry about hardware getting marked. Versatile like Daria satchel can be used on shoulder or cross body. I had the oak effie hobo for a week and don't like it, thought it too bulky to be carried on the shoulder- she went back.

Depends what colour you go for buy I'd say Daria satchel

Looking forward to seeing what you choose

I would definitely go for daria. The plaque does scratch lightly but my bags still look gorgeous. So much more stunning than the effie range in my opinion.
I ordered a pink effie satchel when they were released and I didn't like it at all.
However some people did like the blingy daria plaque. Can you go into a store and try each one?

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409085965.366258.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409085984.322941.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409086008.058602.jpg

Sorry for the delay in posting pics, been dealing with sick child.

As I said previously I've used my Daria a LOT, the only fault I can see is a tiny bit of cracked inking on the handle. I really haven't babied it, I look after my bags but I'm not precious about them.

There are a number of scratches on the plaque but they are light and really don't bother me.

Hope the pics are helpful.

Daria hobo, plaque got very lightly scratched very quickly - good thing is you can get it replaced for a small amount of £25-£30 or if lucky free of charge. Light and easy to carry, downside forever losing things at the bottom of the bag. Can take the bag out in the rain as practically hurricane proof leather. No marks and leather doesn't seem to dry out.

I'd say Daria satchel is a good choice as can be used over should it cross body..... On reflection wish I had got the Daria satchel

Had the effie satchel, regretted moving it on. Go to bag when didn't want to worry about hardware getting marked. Versatile like Daria satchel can be used on shoulder or cross body. I had the oak effie hobo for a week and don't like it, thought it too bulky to be carried on the shoulder- she went back.

Thanks for your input....so far I really think the Daria is the right bag to go for based on the pics and user feedback.

I would definitely go for daria. The plaque does scratch lightly but my bags still look gorgeous. So much more stunning than the effie range in my opinion.
I ordered a pink effie satchel when they were released and I didn't like it at all.
However some people did like the blingy daria plaque. Can you go into a store and try each one?
No from what I have found so far, to my surprise was that none of the upper end stores nearby carry the bags. However, im still researching so hopefully one of my specialty dpmt stores can possibly order it for me if they carry the brand. However, if I dont have any luck I may just have to end up ordering both bags directly from the Mulberry site and returning the one I dont like.

View attachment 2731524View attachment 2731525View attachment 2731526

As I said previously I've used my Daria a LOT, the only fault I can see is a tiny bit of cracked inking on the handle. I really haven't babied it, I look after my bags but I'm not precious about them.

There are a number of scratches on the plaque but they are light and really don't bother me.

Thanks for the live pics, the color of your bag is gorgeous. And you were right I can see the scratches show up very faintly however, they do not take away from the beauty or quality of the bag. This is good to know being as though im tough on bags :smile:

I can understand what your saying about the Effie appearing bulky. The bag looks bulky on the models shoulder on the Mulberry site. The bag is nice but the bulkiness is what gave me second thoughts...just didnt look good in the pics on the models shoulder in my opinion.

View attachment 2731524View attachment 2731525View attachment 2731526

Guns amazing condition!

No wrinkles at all!

I initially didn't go for the satchel as my ex boss had it and thought it would be weird to have the same bag. Hers was quite wrinkly, but she has used it daily for a good few years.

Guns amazing condition!

No wrinkles at all!

I initially didn't go for the satchel as my ex boss had it and thought it would be weird to have the same bag. Hers was quite wrinkly, but she has used it daily for a good few years.

Thanks:smile: I love her, she's out in the rain and snow. She's even had a pint of beer spilled on her!

I think it depends on the individual bags same as Alexa, I had a gorgeous smooshy plum alexa that was wrinkly from the day I bought her. I've seen others with very smooth leather.