Mulberry- daily mail

It started... Hey gorgeous.. Ha ha not really

I emailed Mr Guillon and included a copy of the poem A Tale of Three Mulberries - Reveal I also sent him the link to this forum and urged him to read the comments.

I also explained that the prices leathers such as Ostrich does not suit all of the regular Mulberry customers, that I did not think the reduction in sales were due to rivals discounting (as any rivals generally do not discount their bags), but mainly due to the poor website, increasing prices and also bags which do not appeal as much as the classics that we already own do.

I also mentioned the extremely poor quality control of late and concluded that due to all of the factors listed above loyal customers have decided to shop elsewhere...

Very few retailers these days are allowed to discount beyond the official discounts agreed with mulberry....independents who offered better deals have been weeded out over the years.....very few bargains remain except selfridges fenwicks hoopers wheelers canopy etc

Two brilliant articles, absolutely spot on...............take heed Bruno. He seems to be their biggest problem.

I found it much more appealing as a British Cottage industry. The one good thing is going back to more bags made in England but I bet they will be motly destined for Asia!!!

Let's hope Mulberry do pay some attention to a lot of the points raised and goodbye Bruno??

I emailed Mr Guillon and included a copy of the poem A Tale of Three Mulberries - Reveal I also sent him the link to this forum and urged him to read the comments.

I also explained that the prices leathers such as Ostrich does not suit all of the regular Mulberry customers, that I did not think the reduction in sales were due to rivals discounting (as any rivals generally do not discount their bags), but mainly due to the poor website, increasing prices and also bags which do not appeal as much as the classics that we already own do.

I also mentioned the extremely poor quality control of late and concluded that due to all of the factors listed above loyal customers have decided to shop elsewhere...

They would do well to heed everything that's been said on here. Hopefully they will read it.

I thought the Guardian report was a tad better, liked the reference "then someone got greedy" They would have done far better if they had only increased the prices of existing styles by a very small margin and introduced newer bags with higher prices.................but not that high and gradually tried to ease there way up!!

I can understand they wanted to change their image slightly years ago and appeal to younger customers also but cant see how increasing prices sky high will do that.

I was really surprised to read they had only lost 3% of their UK market. I would have thought it would have been a lot more. It put me off and although I guess I will fall of the Sofa once in awhile I wont pay full price and I will sell a bag off to pay for it.

One of the things they failed to mention was that the bags do end up discounted. Its always put me off paying full price as you know a few months later it will be in the sale for 30 - 40% less. Then a few months after that they turn up in the Outlet, then later can can buy them even less on Ebay!!!!! I think the whole process totally devalues the brand

This article is from the same vein as one I read in The Guardian recently.

More doom & gloom for the brand, by the sounds of it. Makes me feel (almost) glad I'm not a shareholder.....................

My heart remains with "Old school" Mulberry. The newer items are nice, but when you compare the bags on the market for the £1000+ price bracket, I'm afraid Mulberry isn't at the top of the list for me...........................

The campaign of prices rises in so cynical and obvious that it makes me angry. It is the shocking quality of bags that is even worse. The recent posts of much anticipated sale buys which arrived scraped, broken and with bits falling off is shameful. Not to mention the cases reported here of not replacing in warranty bags. merely giving purchase price back which does not always let you buy the same again. It used to be replace like for like, surely?

However much you price towards LV, Hermes and Chanel, you are not them and everybody apart from Bruno knows it!

I feel the same as you all... I wouldn't buy one of their bags full price ever again (outlet,sale or airport only!!) because they are so extortionate. As much as I love my Willow the price still makes my eyes water!! I'll be sticking with brands like Givenchy or Celine from now on for the £1k+ bracket.

The trouble with making it a British Hermes is that they are not made in England anymore whereas H is made in France. M is not handcrafted, has outlets and is not hard to come by. To be H they would have to change all that.

I like outlets and I hate padding someone's commission in hopes of being offered a bag one day after spending $20,000 on stuff I bought for the privilege of spending another $10,000 on a bag (the Kelly in my avi is preloved). As amusing as I find minimum wage worker making the rich jump through hoops, I will not do so for a bag. I do not want M to become H and think H could come down a peg or ten

Perhaps Bruno is just a French saboteur sent from Hermes :devil: :panic: :wtf:
Mmm it does make you wonder :thinking:
http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2014/1/29/mulberry-profits-warning-ceo-bruno-guillon-interview

I for one will not be buying expensive Mulberrys due only to their "appealing story"...
Judging by this, I do not think he would give a !!!.. what we think :cursing: He has made it quite clear that they have no loyalty to the existing British Market :tdown:
I am not surprised that it has taken so long to appoint a new creative director. I doubt they have many credible applicants who would want to be associated with the brand at the moment. They should have made the appointment sooner rather than later which would have helped with the market confidence. Lets hope they manage to get someone good :sleepy:

Semi-related. I was recently in Asia and while I spotted quite a few Mulberries in Korea, it was the most abundant brand as far as knock-offs in the markets in Vietnam etc.

I was even at a gallery opening in Saigon and when I complimented someone passing by on her Lily, she informed me that she had gotten it as a market knock-off, explaining that she wouldn't bother paying current retail. If people at fancy art galleries no longer think Mulberry is worth the price, the brand is in deep trouble.