Mulberry Customer Service...Poor Today

spencer2004

Jan 28, 2009
Hi Girls. This is what happened today.

Took back a small Organiser to Mulberry @ HoF Bluewater today because I was unhappy with the stitching which runs around the inside edge. There was an area of approx, 1" which felt rough and prickly and looked like a series of little knots, (5 of these little knots in a line) I was worried the stitching might come undone.

My DH purchased the Organiser from HoF Oxford Street on 13th February this year as a Valentine present and I was thrilled, he paid full retail for it.

SA said straight away, oh you will have to take it back to the shop it was purchased from, I then explained I had telephoned Mulberry HoF Bluewater and confirmed with the Manager that I could return to any HoF store. That ended that.

She looked at the area of concern and eventually said she would exchange it, great I said, she then got 3 further Organisers out and pointed out the same kind of stitching on them, I pointed out that they were not anything like as bad as mine in my opinion.. Quite an impass at this point.

I then asked for the Manager, she was not at work but SA said she would phone her as she could not exchange now and would be in terrible trouble if she did. Gave our mob number and wandered around, phone call to go back, went back and was told " if your not happy all we can do is send it off to quality control which will take approx 4 weeks"

So... off it has gone, but I m so sad, I have no Organiser and Mulberry have a very unhappy customer.

This all occured in a pleasant manner but at the end of the day in these financially trying times surely Customer Service is very important, I feel let down by Mulberry,whether I was right or wrong I made it clear that I was unhappy with the Organiser, and in the interests of a happy customer I think they should have exchanged it for one that I was happy with.

Sorry for such a long rant, needed to vent... what do you think girls?

Last edited:
Hmmm I wonder do Mulberry staff their concessions or are they just HoF staff?? Either way if you were happy with one of the other organisers, that should have solved the problem! I work at Fat Face whilst at uni and often just have to bite my tongue as customer service is always the most important factor - if I can't see any difference but the customer can then heyho, it's their opinion that counts! :tup:

I don't understand why she couldn't exchange it for you?? Why leave someone to staff the section if they don't have the authority to deal with customer queries? It makes me cross --it's going to cost them more to send it off, do something with it then send it back isn't it! :cursing:

Sorry to hear this, I can feel your frustration. :sad:

SA & Manager are belong to HoF though aren't they? Not that I mean they are not responsible, Mulberry should make sure any Mulberry corner should be covered with high standard. HoF may have different/own policy etc but it should not conflict against Mulberry's standard.

I just hope you will get your organiser back soon, in a good condition!

I did ask about HoF or Mulberry staff and was told by SA "we are emplyed by Mulberry not HoF".

I shall write to them but don't know if it should be now or after it is returned to me or exchanged?

All seems pointless to me, they end up with an unhappy customer and the expense.

I did ask about HoF or Mulberry staff and was told by SA "we are emplyed by Mulberry not HoF".

I shall write to them but don't know if it should be now or after it is returned to me or exchanged?

All seems pointless to me, they end up with an unhappy customer and the expense.

I'd do it now, in case someone can look into it for you and therefore speed up the process/just send you a new one. You never know! I hope it gets sorted soon :smile:

Good point Travelbunny will write tomorrow.

As you pointed out earlier its strange policy to leave someone in charge of the Department who it seems had no authority in this circumstance.

Maybe she thought I was not justified in my complaint, but also as you say its just not good customer service to leave a customer unhappy.

I did explain that I had travelled quite a distance (difficult for me) to return the Organiser so it must have been obvious that I felt it was a justified complaint.

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks xx

Spencer, I do sympathise. There's nothing worse than returning an item and the SA tells you they can't make a decision... GRRRRR!!!!

I hope you get this sorted out, you're the customer and you should be happy with your Mulberry purchase. It's even more galling when your husband paid full retail price, so you definitely should expect a perfect Mulberry organizer.

GOOD LUCK and hopefully all the trouble you've had will be worthwhile.

]...eventually said she would exchange it, great I said, she then got 3 further Organisers out and pointed out the same kind of stitching on them...[[/B]quote]

If she felt all four had the same stitching then surely it wouldn't have been such an issue to swap it in the first place? I don't get that?

Fingers crossed for you spencer, I hope you're really happy with it when it comes back!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the replies xx

I have just written my letter, sending copy of original receipt and Mulberry repair form with it and hope that will speed matters up, fingers crossed anyway, I am going to miss my Organiser.