Mulberry cost-per-wear spreadsheet

Plemont

Mulberry collector
Jan 11, 2012
London
Ladies, do you ever feel just a teensy bit guilty about buying that expensive new Mulberry? Especially with the ridiculous price rises?

I pinched the cost-per-wear spreadsheet idea from another thread (thanks to KLP) and set one up at the beginning of January.

In one month alone, the cost of my latest bag - the black Mit-y messenger - has fallen from £300 to £30 per wear. :biggrin: This seems like good value to me! No more guilt about that particular bag - especially as I reckon it'll be down to £15 per wear by the end of February.

I highly recommend that you set up one of these spreadsheets:biggrin:

(ps it sometimes occurs to me that I am somewhat numbers obsessed - should have been an accountant instead of a teacher........)

Sue247

Apr 3, 2011
What a great idea Plemont! I have never bought a full priced Mulberry, just outlet or preloved but have to say i do feel guilty about spending hundreds n a handbag!

lulu09

Jul 15, 2010
Northants, UK
I'm an obsessive spreadsheet need too! I've been using a spreadsheet for my bags since October.....

The only thing that I found problematic is that I have no idea how many times I had used the bags prior to having the spreadsheet so the cost per wear is going to be totally wrong for most of my bags.

So, just starting from scratch stating what I paid for each one and doing the usage from when the spreadsheet was born!!

So far, my balenciaga day has the best cost per wear at £11..... The rest of them are at more like £70 per wear!

I plan on continuing with the spreadsheet indefinitely and will do as loveheart mentioned and use this to determine if any bags need to be for the chop.

Good thing is that it encourages you to rotate and use all bags.

riffraff

Sofa King Blonde!
O.G.
Feb 4, 2007
UK
I know alot of the ladies on here who have done this for the last few years. It's not something I could do as it would be far to scary! I only get to use my handbags on weekends (and then only if I'm actually leaving the house lol) or when I'm on leave so the cost per wear wouldn't come down quickly enough for me!!!

Cupcake2008

Jan 14, 2012
Berkshire, UK
I started one last year, as my collection was growing and it's an excellent way of making sure I rotate my bags and get the most out of them, else they need to go!

I don't use my Lily's as much so two of them got the chop, so I could get better use out of the remaining ones.

I do have a reputation with family for being spreadsheet obsessed but then I am an accountant! I highly recommend one of these spreadsheet! :smile:

beaver232

O.G.
Jun 24, 2011
Hampshire
Ladies, do you ever feel just a teensy bit guilty about buying that expensive new Mulberry? Especially with the ridiculous price rises?

I pinched the cost-per-wear spreadsheet idea from another thread (thanks to KLP) and set one up at the beginning of January.

In one month alone, the cost of my latest bag - the black Mit-y messenger - has fallen from £300 to £30 per wear. :biggrin: This seems like good value to me! No more guilt about that particular bag - especially as I reckon it'll be down to £15 per wear by the end of February.

I highly recommend that you set up one of these spreadsheets:biggrin:

(ps it sometimes occurs to me that I am somewhat numbers obsessed - should have been an accountant instead of a teacher........)
Wow! I must do this - I've always used the cost oer wear 'theory' when I buy something but never actually out it to the test.
I know my Lexie hobos and red onion bays would have paid for themselves by now.
Thanks for the idea x

new2mulbs

I❤Mulberry
Sep 15, 2012
Buckinghamshire
Cupcake2008 said:
I'm sure everyone has their own way of setting one up but if anyone wants a template, pm me your email address and I'll send one tomorrow :smile:
I think this is excellent and I love spreadsheets too!! So excited I'll get to use them again on a day to day basis soon when back at work (i know I'm very sad!)

Do you know if the spreadsheets work on iPhones? I can never seem to
Get docs saved or anything on here!!

Sammiantha

Mulberry Mad <3
O.G.
Mar 12, 2011
England
I think this is excellent and I love spreadsheets too!! So excited I'll get to use them again on a day to day basis soon when back at work (i know I'm very sad!)

Do you know if the spreadsheets work on iPhones? I can never seem to
Get docs saved or anything on here!!
I have a few spreadsheets I look at on Dropbox on my iPhone - don't think you can edit them mulbs :sad: There might be an app though...

new2mulbs

I❤Mulberry
Sep 15, 2012
Buckinghamshire
Sammiantha said:
I have a few spreadsheets I look at on Dropbox on my iPhone - don't think you can edit them mulbs :sad: There might be an app though...
Hmmmm I might need to rethink my work phone- I'm getting an iPhone there too but might not be too useful if I can't open anything!!!

Sammiantha

Mulberry Mad <3
O.G.
Mar 12, 2011
England
I'm not good with maths, how does it work :$
I don't do it myself (although I will be as I love spreadsheets) but I imagine it will be the cost of the bag divided by the amount of days worn. Would need editing every time a bag was work but fairly simple maths I should think!

Sammiantha

Mulberry Mad <3
O.G.
Mar 12, 2011
England
Hmmmm I might need to rethink my work phone- I'm getting an iPhone there too but might not be too useful if I can't open anything!!!
I think you can open but haven't found a way of editing. That might be the same on my work BB though as well (I don't tend to look at files much on it).

Kattyness

Jan 20, 2013
Edinburgh
This is a fab idea! Though I might be scared since even though I only have one Mulberry (a Bayswater Tote) I only really use it at weekends so it would take a while for the cost per wear to come down to something that didn't put me off buying another. And I REALLY want another!! Actually, another two. At least...