My Mulberry fetish at present consists:

Bayswater in Plum Antique Glace
Annie in Chocolate
Annie in Black
Blenheim in Apple Green
Blenheim in Dusky Pink/Rose
Long Lock Purse in Damson
Cosmetic Purse in Black

and my latest and most precious addition Mulberry Mabel in Midnight (Purple)!!:yahoo:

Ooooh I almost fainted when I first saw it!!:heart:

I love Mulberry. Earlier this year i wandered around Selfridges in London to look at all the different designer bags but really Mulberry is the only one that seems to appeal to me. love the darwin leather!

So far have

Annie - oak
Antony - chocolate

buying next ------- chocolate bayswater!!!!

I'm terrible about Mulberry. I've had so many pass through my wardrobe over the years - feel faint even thinking about the money I've spent!
The stayers have been:
Helier in black congo.
Soho in chocolate glove.
Soho in cream glove.

I had the Emmy for about 20 mins and decided the two straps would drive me mad! I'm still agonising over a bronze Alana at the factory shop. It is only £247 but I just don't know if I love it or just love the price??!!!
Advice gratefully received.....

I had the Emmy for about 20 mins and decided the two straps would drive me mad! I'm still agonising over a bronze Alana at the factory shop. It is only £247 but I just don't know if I love it or just love the price??!!!
Advice gratefully received.....

sarahjane - I don't know if you want to be talked into or out of the Alana. I'm assuming you want to be talked out of buying it?

I was lusting after the bronze Alana since the start of the year having seen the promo pics. However, I never saw one IRL and found out a few months ago that there was a problem with the bronzing wearing off so most of the Emmys & Alanas come with chocolate straps so that you can see what colour the bag will become. I just think that this looks a bit, well, cheap and it totally put me off (hence I'm now lusting after the bronze Bayswater!) I don't mind the bag eventually going a different colour over time but buying a bag with a different coloured strap just doesn't work for me :tdown:. Did the one you saw at the factory shop have a bronze strap? If not, were you happy with the different coloured strap?

Colour aside, personally, the Alana is a bit too small for me - I prefer the Emmy (£297 in bronze). You mentioned that the two straps annoyed you - you could always just use one strap on the end buckles so its shape is more like the Alana.

One thing I find is that they really over-stuff the bags in the Mulberry stores which makes them very uncomfortable to carry (although they obviously look lovely being displayed). I originally decided against the Emmy after "trying it on" instore. I then saw an oak one for a bargain price so decided to give it a go and it was much more comfortable than I'd thought. Squashes under the arm quite nicely!

I'm waffling a bit. I think my conclusion is that you're obviously undecided about the Alana. While the price is tempting, why not put the £247 towards your next bag purchase and instead pick the bag you really like and can't stop thinking about?

Hi Ditab,
Thanks so much for the advice! The bronze Alana I saw had a bronze strap and I really loved the colour.
I took all the padding out and put all my stuff in and spent ages walking around the shop. I like the way it squishes down and the only thing I wasn't sure about was the weight.
I am a definite one strap girl, my shoulders seem to be the wrong shape for two straps!
Anyway, I'm leaving now for the factory shop to have another look at the Alana. It's been on my mind for 5 weeks now so I think I need to go and see it again and decide once and for all!! Will let you know whether I buy it or not....

Oh, it had a bronze strap? In that case :drool: :tup:

My shoulder is also the wrong shape for 2 strap bags (my Ayler just falls off all the time) but what I like about the Emmy is that the straps can be crossed over so that it stays on your shoulder (if that makes sense).

I'm really tall so that's probably why the Alana seems to small for me (she says, backtracking!).

Regarding the weight, that's just something that you get used to - I call it Mulberry-shoulder!!

If you love it, then go for it. I didn't realise you'd been thinking about it for five weeks - I just thought you'd seen it and were seduced by the price.

Wow! You all have wonderful collections!
I've only got one so far, a chocolate Elgin. (I only started buying designer bags about a year ago.) I hope to get an indigo East-West Bayswater this fall.

Gosh your very good - I don't think I would have managed to walk out scott free!! :nogood:

I read your blog about your trip to Shepton and your description of your children sliding on the wooden floor made me laugh - my 6yr old son is always doing that - what is that about!!!!

Thank you for the helpful info re: bags and the shops phone number I will definitely be contacting them in the near future to get myself a bargain!:tup: