Mulberry Choices

tbestes

O.G.
Oct 27, 2006
Hello all,

I have two Mulberry Bayswater satchels (the original style with the flap over the top) - one in black and one in oak. I also have two of the new Mulberry Bayswater totes (open top) - one in black and one in oak.

I want to let go of two of the Mulberrys and be left with one black one and one oak one. Which ones would you keep? I like the structure of the original satchel, but the versatility of the tote, which seems easier to take from office to weekend. The tote is not as practical in my rainy climate since the top is open, and the black one is already slouching quite a bit, which I don't like much.

I have a couple other bags in my collection - an LV Odeon and an LV Galleria. Also have a George Gina and Lucy black leather tote that is super casual and generally reserved for very casual weekends only.

I am not soliciting to sell on PurseForum - just seeking opinions on refining my collection.

Thanks!

That's really tough! If the satchel is the one you use the most then I would keep that in Oak but Oak is my favourite colour and I think it looks best in the normal Bayswater as well, it's tough. I'm not a fan of the normal Bayswater in black but the Oak one is gorgeous and so is the Oak Bayswater satchel. I wouldn't be able to say and I am assuming it's why not many people have commented lol, it's such a tough decision! What does your heart tell you?

Just my opinion but I'd keep the tote in oak and the satchel in black, I think it's good to have the variety and I like to have a hands free option and it doesn't seem you have another in your collection. It sounds like you're not so keen to keep the black tote anyway and I think it looks better in oak, as for the messenger if it rains a lot where you are I'd say black was the better choice as messenger bags are more difficult to keep dry under an umbrella than one on your shoulder, hope that makes sense!

That's really tough! If the satchel is the one you use the most then I would keep that in Oak but Oak is my favourite colour and I think it looks best in the normal Bayswater as well, it's tough. I'm not a fan of the normal Bayswater in black but the Oak one is gorgeous and so is the Oak Bayswater satchel. I wouldn't be able to say and I am assuming it's why not many people have commented lol, it's such a tough decision! What does your heart tell you?

Hi Lorna Lou -
My heart tells me that 4 bags that are so similar are 2 too many. I like all four of them, but it drives me crazy when totes aren't structured enough that you see little sags, bumps and bulges depending on what's inside. On the other hand, I like the open top of the totes - easier to load them up, but then the bumps and bulges. I think I'm kind of leaning to the originals in black and oak. I really should try them on again at home and see what I'm feeling. Glad the indecision is not just mine!