Mulberry CHAT Thread

I have only started purchasing Mulberry in the past two years (it's only just arrived where I am in Australia). I currently own a small Amberley in Deep Sea, regular Heritage Bayswater in Black and just two days ago purchased a medium Lily in Oak.
I use my small Amberley all the time and it really grew on me the more I used it. It holds a surprisingly large amount of things and being my first purchase was what convinced me to bite the bullet and invest in more Mulberry. The leather quality is so much better than the Coach bags I own!
I haven't used my Baywater in the 7 months I've owned it though as I find it a little too heavy.
I am really tempted by the small Baywaters though!
Glad you have found and are enjoying mulberry. I have coach and mulberry too. I can see what you mean about the leather. Mulberry leather is thicker and the hard wear runs smoother. However, I do love Coach too. I tend to get my fun coloured or shaped pieces from Coach in their sales and stick to more classic styles from Mulberry to ensure I use them sufficiently for the price.

News today JC leaving after 5 years!! shame he has ruined the brand haven't bought any thing in 5 years and won't ever again

Sorry to hear your mother is struggling. Wishing you and yours the very best especially your mother. Some of the Mulberry bags are just beautiful. I have friends who have the Amberley, Seaton, zippered Bays and they are beautiful and well made. My daughter bought the small Iris and I purchased the large Iris and we both think they are fabulous bags. The leather and craftsman ship are outstanding. I hope Mulberry chooses wisely as Coach has done because I would love to see them succeed even more than they ever have. They fill a market slightly under Gucci, YSL, Prada and Fendi in retail price and their quality isn't that differnt. I just purchased a Fendi and I am pleased with it and the only difference I can see in my quality from Mulberry is cost. Although I do like the Fendi extremely well as well as the Prada I own. There are several brands of much lower cost to any of these that are producing very nice bags. Polene is one of these brands and they are lovely bags. Best to you!

Perhaps the new designer will reinstate the signature tree logo ...

I like some of the newer designs. Although most of my bags are preJC and I love the original tree postman’s lock. It’s just much more substantial. I have a Seaton and mini Amberley with the new Ryder’s lock and I do like them.

I’d love to see the tree back more and hope they appoint a great designer when all this craziness is over. Perhaps people will be tempted back if they see new but classic designs with that great Mulberry DNA and quality.

same !! After buying hundreds of bags I haven't even looked since the new designer took over and won't I pop in here once in a while to see if any of the old girls are around but most converse on social media now
Same! Classic oaks, the SBS, Ledbury, Bayswater, Piccadilly and Lily will never fall out of style for me. But no new ones are entering the building. I keep my classics and then I have some fun with Kate Spade ( the bright red Secret Admirer cross body is beautiful).

If you question a specific bag, please post for ladies in authentication thread.
For general reference, check pics in this thread:

I am searching and searching for this answer too, just bought a Bayswater from 2007 that looks, smells and feels great but the disc is attached to the other side of the bag, at the buckles. Is tehre anybody who seen this before? Hoping that it´s authentic.

I am searching and searching for this answer too, just bought a Bayswater from 2007 that looks, smells and feels great but the disc is attached to the other side of the bag, at the buckles. Is tehre anybody who seen this before? Hoping that it´s authentic.
Hi SweedieBelle and Welcome! :smile:
remainsilly's advice holds true: if you're concerned, best to post it to the authentication thread on here. Quite simple to do and then they can take a look for you. Aspects of Mulberry's design have evolved, so it's best to leave it to the experts if you would like reassurance. Here's the link you need and good luck!
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-mulberry.901871/

I’m not sure if it’s the best place to post this, but although I’ve owned a couple of Bayswaters, I’ve wanted an Alexa for years! Managed to snap one up for a bargain price as it wasn’t in the best state, so I decided to work on it as a project. It’s not perfect, but I’m really happy with the results and love using it! It just seems like such a classic to me even now.

I’ve got a before and after pic here, and the effect the Brasso had on the hardware - so satisfying!
FF3A04E0-AC10-4698-BB6F-EFC7EA2D8AE6.jpegC2565401-4C2A-41EC-AA3E-7BF2C01F0CF7.jpeg1A7656ED-20F7-4A5D-8BB8-DF781C25EDF2.jpeg

I’m not sure if it’s the best place to post this, but although I’ve owned a couple of Bayswaters, I’ve wanted an Alexa for years! Managed to snap one up for a bargain price as it wasn’t in the best state, so I decided to work on it as a project. It’s not perfect, but I’m really happy with the results and love using it! It just seems like such a classic to me even now.

I’ve got a before and after pic here, and the effect the Brasso had on the hardware - so satisfying!
View attachment 4848983View attachment 4848984View attachment 4848985
You’ve done a great job! How are you finding her to carry? I’ve got the nubuck fox lock oversized Alexa and I need to use a liner to stop everything ending up in a puddle in the middle!

Does anyone thing we will see much mulberry in the uk Black Friday weekend? Selfridges have a very tiny amount at the minute. Would of thought John Lewis might of had some seeing their sale has started, but perhaps they will wait till nearer the time.

Reactions: Katinahat