Mulberry CHAT Thread

Hi! Thinking of buying a new bag and as a Mulberry fan I always lean towards looking in to a bag from them. But have they gone out of style? On every fashion site or on social media etc they rarely are mentioned... Is it just me or are the glory days for Mulberry bags gone? If I´m going to buy a bag I want it to both be stylish AND a good investment. What are your thoughts?

Hi! Thinking of buying a new bag and as a Mulberry fan I always lean towards looking in to a bag from them. But have they gone out of style? On every fashion site or on social media etc they rarely are mentioned... Is it just me or are the glory days for Mulberry bags gone? If I´m going to buy a bag I want it to both be stylish AND a good investment. What are your thoughts?

Not at all! In terms of resale value (if that is what you mean by good investment), then Mulberry's resale is not fantastic - but most brands don't have good resale value anymore apart from Louis Vuitton, Chanel or Hermes. If you mean will you be able to wear it for a long time, then I think you will be able to. Mulberry used to make more 'trendy' bags that were indicative of a time in fashion, but their Bayswater and Lily bags are beautiful and timeless. They're definitely not as popular as they once were in terms of 'it' bags, but they still have some classics that will be in style forever.

Reactions: 24shaz and yumi82
Not at all! In terms of resale value (if that is what you mean by good investment), then Mulberry's resale is not fantastic - but most brands don't have good resale value anymore apart from Louis Vuitton, Chanel or Hermes. If you mean will you be able to wear it for a long time, then I think you will be able to. Mulberry used to make more 'trendy' bags that were indicative of a time in fashion, but their Bayswater and Lily bags are beautiful and timeless. They're definitely not as popular as they once were in terms of 'it' bags, but they still have some classics that will be in style forever.
Exactly, their resale value is not that good, maybe thats why I´m concerned...But as you are saying both the lily and the bayswater are timeless bags. Was looking at some YSL bags but am afraid that they will go out of style etc. Omg! Decisions, decisions!! :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: 24shaz and jaskg144
Exactly, their resale value is not that good, maybe thats why I´m concerned...But as you are saying both the lily and the bayswater are timeless bags. Was looking at some YSL bags but am afraid that they will go out of style etc. Omg! Decisions, decisions!! :biggrin:

If you're looking for understated luxury, go for Mulberry. If you're looking for more of a 'WOW factor' bag that is more obviously designer, go for YSL! :panic:

If you're looking for understated luxury, go for Mulberry. If you're looking for more of a 'WOW factor' bag that is more obviously designer, go for YSL! :panic:
Ok, so I just got myself a Mulberry tote but a bag from previous season. Found it for a bargain and could not resist. Still a Mulberry tote but a little bit more edgier then the Bayswater :P

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2022-01-13 kl. 15.15.31.png
    Skärmavbild 2022-01-13 kl. 15.15.31.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 8
Totally agree with the points made by others. Resale value doesn’t hold but I buy Mulberry for their classy understated style not resale. Not many things in life hold that value. They are still admired by many including some Celebrities but that really isn’t the point. Go for what you love, enjoy and represents your style.

I would like advice as to whether the mulberry Lily bag I’ve bought off Vinted is genuine serial number is 2275786 on tag on inside of bag
You need to go to the authentication thread. People there can help you.

Saw that Mulberry is jumping on the puffy leather bandwagon with its "Softie" collection: https://www.mulberry.com/us/shop/softie

Thoughts? I like how Mulberry is taking a creative risk with its chevron quilting, although I don't think the execution works that well on the smaller bags. There's just something sloppy about the pattern on the shoulder bags compared to the tote bags. It's hard to tell over the screen and I'd love to see them in person; the bags look like they'd feel amazing and comfortable to hold.

Reactions: 24shaz
Saw that Mulberry is jumping on the puffy leather bandwagon with its "Softie" collection: https://www.mulberry.com/us/shop/softie

Thoughts? I like how Mulberry is taking a creative risk with its chevron quilting, although I don't think the execution works that well on the smaller bags. There's just something sloppy about the pattern on the shoulder bags compared to the tote bags. It's hard to tell over the screen and I'd love to see them in person; the bags look like they'd feel amazing and comfortable to hold.
I’ve just posted pics of these on another thread (just from online shop). I’m not keen myself but then I like Mulberry because their bags are so classically tasteful. I’m sure you are right that they’d feel amazing and be comfortable but just not a style for me. Good luck going to see them IP. You must post pics if you do as I’m happy to be persuaded that I’m wrong!

Last edited: