Mulberry CHAT Thread

same !! After buying hundreds of bags I haven't even looked since the new designer took over and won't I pop in here once in a while to see if any of the old girls are around but most converse on social media now
I agree. I’ve dipped my toe into the LV and Chanel families, and sold off a few bags I haven’t used for ages, but I’m not tempted by any of the new Mulberry offerings.
It’s good to see some of the old girls back here!

Those are some lovely classic Mulberry bags you have! Great choices. I too have an SBS, Lilys and a Bayswater as well as a few others.

Interesting you’ve moved on to LV. I looked at a Neverfull with real interest a few weeks ago. I liked the shape and style but just wasn’t sure about the canvas having got so used to thick gorgeous Mulberry leather so left it in the end. The speedy seems like a great bag style too.
I have a couple of LE Speedy 30s, which I really like, but I still like the leather on my older Mulberry girls. I wish I had kept my chocolate SBS, and sold the chocolate Bays, but otherwise I don’t miss the ones which have gone.

Reactions: Katinahat
I have a couple of LE Speedy 30s, which I really like, but I still like the leather on my older Mulberry girls. I wish I had kept my chocolate SBS, and sold the chocolate Bays, but otherwise I don’t miss the ones which have gone.
Chocolate is such a beautiful colour. They don’t seem to do it anymore. Shame about your SBS but I’m sure you got something else fabulous so no regrets now!

Reactions: Pink Sunshine
Chocolate is such a beautiful colour. They don’t seem to do it anymore. Shame about your SBS but I’m sure you got something else fabulous so no regrets now!
I didn’t realise that I wouldn’t carry the Choc Bays on a daily basis because she’s so heavy loaded up. I do have other Bayswaters which are lighter, but I’ve realised that my SBS girls suit me a lot better - and, as you say, they discontinued Choc. I wouldn’t mind an Oxblood, tbh ...

Reactions: Katinahat
Does anyone have a Cara and ever wear it crossbody? I have a mini in steel blue which is a really great bag - versatile and attractive. I wear it as a backpack or over the shoulder. However, I’m tempted to give it a go crossbody but am not sure what it really looks like with the two straps clicked together with the hardware in the middle and whether that would be comfortable. :thinking: Any thoughts or advice gratefully received!

I'm loving the Small Zipped Bayswater after looking at a few reviews. The colour ranges are beautiful, especially the pink/nudes but their not available on their websites. I've seen them in photos and YouTube reviews so it's probably a few seasons ago - will try my luck at boutiques where I can. :hrmm:

I have only started purchasing Mulberry in the past two years (it's only just arrived where I am in Australia). I currently own a small Amberley in Deep Sea, regular Heritage Bayswater in Black and just two days ago purchased a medium Lily in Oak.
I use my small Amberley all the time and it really grew on me the more I used it. It holds a surprisingly large amount of things and being my first purchase was what convinced me to bite the bullet and invest in more Mulberry. The leather quality is so much better than the Coach bags I own!
I haven't used my Baywater in the 7 months I've owned it though as I find it a little too heavy.
I am really tempted by the small Baywaters though!

News today JC leaving after 5 years!! shame he has ruined the brand haven't bought any thing in 5 years and won't ever again
Sorry to hear your mother is struggling. Wishing you and yours the very best especially your mother. Some of the Mulberry bags are just beautiful. I have friends who have the Amberley, Seaton, zippered Bays and they are beautiful and well made. My daughter bought the small Iris and I purchased the large Iris and we both think they are fabulous bags. The leather and craftsman ship are outstanding. I hope Mulberry chooses wisely as Coach has done because I would love to see them succeed even more than they ever have. They fill a market slightly under Gucci, YSL, Prada and Fendi in retail price and their quality isn't that differnt. I just purchased a Fendi and I am pleased with it and the only difference I can see in my quality from Mulberry is cost. Although I do like the Fendi extremely well as well as the Prada I own. There are several brands of much lower cost to any of these that are producing very nice bags. Polene is one of these brands and they are lovely bags. Best to you!