*Mulberry Chat Here!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lescoy

Chilling
O.G.
Apr 9, 2007
This is you New Mulberry Chat Thread - we generally archive around the 5,000 posts - so the old Thread is now Closed - but here is the link to it for your reference -

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/mulberry-chat-here-490904-339.html

Just a reminder there should be no discussion of what you're selling/what you plan on selling or anything remotely related. A lot of members tread too close to this line and if you guys love your chat thread then we need to keep it within our Rules:yes:

Poppy bagfan

aka Poppy Dogfan
O.G.
May 31, 2008
Thanks Lescoy.

Hello all...am enjoying my last day of Freedome befroe another mammoth work trip....three days away - i tend to clock up about 40 hours in those 3 days, so really enjoy my downtime when not away!

Still in my PJs and considering going back to bed for an hour! DD is off and DH is off soi feel that it is not a "working day!"

charliefarlie

Touching the stars
Jan 6, 2009
Enjoy your down time Poppy!

Ellie, I am so sorry to hear of the situation you are in just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. I really have no advice as if it was me I know I would just quit but you are clearly alot stronger than I. I hope someone else has some excellent advice for you soon :hugs:

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
Thanks Lescoy.

Hello all...am enjoying my last day of Freedome befroe another mammoth work trip....three days away - i tend to clock up about 40 hours in those 3 days, so really enjoy my downtime when not away!

Still in my PJs and considering going back to bed for an hour! DD is off and DH is off soi feel that it is not a "working day!"

oooo, you and DH are off, I would definately head back to bed for an hour :graucho:.

Poppy bagfan

aka Poppy Dogfan
O.G.
May 31, 2008
Ellie,

I had not seen your post in the old chat thread but went to look for it when i saw CF's response.

First of all can i say that i am very sorry indeed that you are having such a terrible time of it at work.

I do know a bit of what you talk about, as it goes on in the company I freelance for....I am supposed to be having a meeting about some of it but the bosses have not got back to me since i said if they want me to make a special 4 hour journey they will have to pay me....

I think you were absolutely right to do what you did re your old boss. Sadly that kind of integrity does not get rewarded...i did the same last year on a smaller scale - shopped a colleague who had helped another colleague steal a product but because it is intellectual property and not a material commodity, the outright head said there was nothing wrong!!!! i was then slandered and blamed for victimising said thieving colleague.

Anyway enough about me....sorry - just trying to help you to see that you are not alone.

What to do.....if you have a contract then you are covered surely by HR and stuff and are well within your rights to keep on requesting what you feel is your due. I would do that but try to adopt the broken record technique of appearing to be steadily fixed in your mission.....and oh so slightly bored by their shenanigans

Sadly emotion is used against us and that is such a wicked thing. I hope the dr is proving to be supportive and helpful.

it infuriates me that all over this country at the moment people are doing WAY beyond their contracted and PAID hours just to keep their jobs....and the fatcats in post!! I work part time and yet do 40-50 hours a week, getting paid for 24! i have no recourse as i have no contract whatsoever....the company i work for gets away with that!

I am sorry Ellie that i cannot offer more useful suggestions...just know that you are doing right, you are sadly not alone, and that if you keep on doing what you believe to be right, in a steady, slightly bored, "it's your responsbility" attitude to HR, you may just get there!

:hugs:

xxxx

Mulberry Ellie

'Ells Bells!!!
O.G.
Feb 15, 2009
Dear dear CharlieFarlie & Poppy Bagfan

Thank you so very much for your really kind words, it makes me feel alot better ....even if I did burst into tears at your kind words.

I find my self moving between absolute fury/outrage and then dissolving into tears.

Ive worked for the Company for 15 years and have always been loyal and dedicated but I feel so let down and used. HR sadly have become mere MMgt tools and avoid supporting non-mmgt at all costs.

When Im stronger and fit to return I am determined that I will "plot my own course" and should they be intent on dismissing me (via the new "improve performance appraisal" scheme), I will go down "fighting"!

On a Mulberry note, the above situation places me firmly on the sofa, so much so that I could be described as upholstery!!

Girls - I love you: you are wonderful friends!

xx

Jul 9, 2009
Hi ME- so sorry you are going through this. Times are horrible in big companies these days. My advice is to see an employment lawyer as soon as you can- you can get a free initial chat- just look one up in yellow pages- if your form are trying to get you out ,you need to document all evidence of "constructive dismissal" and bullying techniques so you can stand up to them with the law on your side- play them at their own game. Most importantly stand your ground- even if you sling off to the loos for a howl later- dont let them see you are being affected - show no weakness. Been there myself and they backed off once they saw my dossier!!!

Poppy bagfan

aka Poppy Dogfan
O.G.
May 31, 2008
LOL at the Upholstery!!

Seriously, i wionder how many people have been manoevred out of jobs becaseu of situations like this - is it an overt mgt tool to reduce staff, without having to pay them off?? At our place, most of the people who went were gald to go and altho we are less than a month in to the new regime, already one who was reemployed has handed in her notice due to the pressure of having to do 12 hour days, 6 times the previous workload etc...

Delighted to hear I am determined that I will "plot my own course" and should they be intent on dismissing me (via the new "improve performance appraisal" scheme), I will go down "fighting"!

Go girl! Thats the way to do it! We are behind you all the way...just do not give in to them!!

xx

Poppy bagfan

aka Poppy Dogfan
O.G.
May 31, 2008
Hi ME- so sorry you are going through this. Times are horrible in big companies these days. My advice is to see an employment lawyer as soon as you can- you can get a free initial chat- just look one up in yellow pages- if your form are trying to get you out ,you need to document all evidence of "constructive dismissal" and bullying techniques so you can stand up to them with the law on your side- play them at their own game. Most importantly stand your ground- even if you sling off to the loos for a howl later- dont let them see you are being affected - show no weakness. Been there myself and they backed off once they saw my dossier!!!

Such great advice Elvis!

Am beginning to compile such a thing myself...not as bad as ME's situation but still alwasy worth having proof of what you do, ££ that you bring in etc.

Jul 9, 2009
Such great advice Elvis!

Am beginning to compile such a thing myself...not as bad as ME's situation but still alwasy worth having proof of what you do, ££ that you bring in etc.

Shame I cant type or spell- am at work and trying to do this out of my boss's sight!!

Keep every bit of evidence of how well you do your job- from appraisals to emails - build up all the evidence you can- if they want to prove you arent doing the job you are meant to - let them prove it with hard evidence themselves- sadly long service and loyalty is not rewarded anymore it is dog eat dog and you have to look after number one. ME - you have all our support-let us know if we can help

fuzzyfelt27

Jun 25, 2009
^^ Sorry to read about your ordeal Mulberry Ellie. Keep your chin up and as the other ladies have said, stick to your guns and fight for what you know is right. You DID do the right thing in reporting your old boss and it's a disgrace that you're not getting any support for that or for your decision to move on.

I know it's no consolation, but I too have had a disappointing experience with HR at my place of work too - they were totally uninterested in my side of the issue (we have an annual review procedure where your performance is ranked & rated against peers and you get performance related pay rises, promotions, etc. They do a mid-year review to see how you're trending to make sure you're not slipping behind and give you corrective action plans if you are. At my mid-year review I got "Outstanding" which only 5% of the corporation achieve [out of 80k employees]. I then got a new manager who hadn't got a clue about the work I did and made my life hell and by the time it came to my annual review 6 months later I got told I was at the very bottom of the organisation performance wise). So I took the matter to HR and said how could I have fallen so far down the performance scale in 6 months without any warning and basically that it was strange how it all coincided with the new manager coming onboard. They were wholeheartedly in support of the manager in question and basically told me that the issue was due to my "lack of communication skills" with the manager! To cut a long story short (er), I ended up dropping the case as it had taken me several months and a lot of stress to get nowhere. In the end, I was lucky enough to get the chance to move into a new role in another department of the company and I've not looked back since! Just a shame I still have to see the awful witch ex-manager around the building, but I do have the satisfaction that she is no longer a manager as she had it taken away from her - I know several other people complained about her in the end, so I feel justice was eventually done.

Sorry, I've waffled far too much! But as I said, you're not alone in these horrid situations, but you can hold your head up high and know that you have done what's right and good luck in resolving this as best you can.

:flowers::hugs:

Poppy bagfan

aka Poppy Dogfan
O.G.
May 31, 2008
Gosh Fuzzy - that is terrible! i really sympathise with you.

Some of my difficulties in an organisation for whom/with whom i have worked for 13 years are due to an inept manager.....she was re employed in the re organisation and is thankfully further away from the work that i do, but she is a witch too.....yet nobody at the top level can see it!!

Thank goodness you were able to find something elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.