Mulberry Changing Bag

Jen15519

Apr 16, 2009
Hi

Please could you suggest a Mulberry big enough to use as a changing bag!? I'd like it to have an across the body strap.

My thoughts so far have been Mitsy, Alexa and Edie.

Opinions and photos would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Jen
This has been discussed in previous threads, I'm sure if you do a search you'll find some tips. Though they generally conclude that a Mulberry would be too precious to keep bottles, bananas etc in :P

Out of those I think I'd go for an OS Alexa, should be big enough and is lightweight. Mitzy tote/messenger isn't that spacious (imo). I haven't seen the Edies properly to know how they are sizewise.

You also have the unisex messengers, such as Brynmore. More sturdy =) I have seen that hanging of a few prams!

Hmm, I have a friend that used a choc bays as a changing bag but two kids later I would not use an M bag as a changing bag, the risk of spills and damage is just to big.
Actually, come to think of it I have seen lots of people here using the Mulberry troutbag as a changing bag... Not sure if its available in the UK now (if that's where you are located), heard they were continued to be produced especially for the Scandi market as its such a popular bag here. Not sure I've seen them in store here lately either come to think of it, but that would be absolutely perfect as a changing bag if you want a Mulberry.

If I had my time again as a breastfeeding mummy I would use a Roxy A4 in chocolate
The pockets for a small purse ,keys & lippy and the bag for a folding mat, nappies, wipes, change of clothes etc .

Personally I wouldn't think that the Alexa or Edie would be big enough ?

For cross body I would probably go for E/W Ant or Litchfield if I could find one.

Having had 4 babies I would never mix the two! I keep the Mulberry's for my stuff and buy gorgeous baby bags for the kiddies stuff. All of my mummy bags have ended up in the washing machine, which is something I could never do to a Mulberry (although if memory serves correct, someone on here has done it before). The yummy mummy bags are fab as are the fluerville bags. I don't know where you are based, but John Lewis has a great selection of bags. Or you could look at Orla Kiely bags, as these are oilskin they are really tough but have gorgeous prints.

Yes it has been done, Kris put her red goatskin Mabel in the washing machine, and with a good result too. Personally I would consider buying a preloved big messenger to use as a changing bag, like Barnaby, Trout, Brynmore or ew Antony. That kind of bag could take just anything and I am sure they would develop a beautiful patina (anything can be wiped off)

Shm, can't believe you have 4 children :oh: You look like a young girl !

Thank you for your comments.

I have the EW messenger antony but find it a bit heavy even without baby stuff. I am looking for something a bit girlie. I wondered if the blue edie would be more baby proof as its patent.

Personally I wouldn't want to go for the electric blue matt leather for a change bag Jen. I suspect it wouldnt be hard-wearing enough. Why not treat yourself to something lovely but have a nice practicable & wipeable changing bag? It doesn't have to be boring or look awful - there are nice options out there.