Mulberry by Rafe?

comb4t

Nov 6, 2006
Hi!

I have an old genuine Mulberry bag and inside the bag is this kind of text.
011707h080ib2.jpg

Is its Rafe or Rofe? Does anyone know who the designer is and how old the bag is?

Thanks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure hon,try calling a Mulberry shop and see if they can give you a clue,but there are some very knowledgable ladies on here tho. Could you post pics of the whole bag? I'm curious and I'd love to see it!!!xxxxxxx

Hi...yes it is Roger Saul....he founded the Mulberry company in 1971 (untill he left after a boardroom battle in 2002), selling leather belts initially.....your bag is from the 1990's, looks like it is black congo (does it have chunky silver mulberry buckles?).....he put his name to several designs, also the Mulberry medallion should have his signature on it as well....would love to see a full pic of the bag.

Roger Saul and his wife used to design the bags when they first started the company. It's pretty hard to find a bag with his signature on the label now so that's an unusual piece.
I have an old Helier in congo and mine has the tartan lining - I used to love it. Still think it's a shame they dropped it.
The Sauls are still in the SM area and have gone into organic skincare now.

Lovely bags!! Claudia123 - I know who you are now!!! Seen your lovelies on ebay!! Soo excited to know who I deal with!!!

Thank you:smile:...I just luuuuuurve Mulberry bags and have gained a bit of knowledge on the pre 2002 Mulberry's....the latest ones like mables etc I also love but haven't a clue how to spot authentics, so it's great to have this forum with all you fellow Mulberryites :yahoo: