Mulberry Buy Back Program!

Snap! I just bought this bag in Deep Sea too! Arrived on Monday and I’ve been carrying it for work all week. Lovely colour and design that seems very versatile.

I’ve bought several bags post JC but most are actually the original designs that they still sell or from outlet bought more recently. I’m a sucker for the iconic postman’s lock with the tree. I do like the new rider’s lock too.

Pre JC designs
Bayswater in mole grey
Alexa in Chestnut
Black SBS
Mini Cara in steel blue
Oxblood Tessie Hobo
Lily in black and oak
Tree continental purse in oak

JC designs
Black Seaton
Mini Amberley in Amethyst
Bayswater Tote in Deep Sea
Darley Long Wallet in Porcelain blue
Pink Zip Around Long wallet

I’d not sell any of them to get 25% of their value off a new bag. I’d rather continue to shop sales/outlet and I do carry them all still. Having just got one, I’m trying to restrain myself now anyway! Although, I guess if I lived near a store selling reconditioned bags I’d take a look....

I think it may have been your post that enabled me on the Bays Tote that I read and within the space of 1 hr I had purchased it - she's a beauty and what a bargain price - I just couldn't resist the urge!

My Pre JC list
Annie - Blonde/Oak
Annie - Oak
Redford - Oak - currently with Mulbs repairs getting some love
Blenheim - Oak - currently with Mulbs repairs getting a bit of love
Alexa - Black
Alexa - Oak
Alexa oversized - Chocolate
Postmans lock satchel in Khaki
Postmans lock satchel in Black
Bays NVT Oak
Bays Silky Snake in Ink
Somerset shoulder bag in oak/Black/Fuchsia
Brooke in Oak
Effie in Oak

My current Refurb list awaiting my attention

Bays Tote in NVT - all corners need repair and this one needs handles sorting - she'll go to Mulbs repair - she is also filthy and needs desperate heavy duty cleaning
Harriet Patent beige - to be dyed black (slightly horrified at the prospect of this, but that's how I learn so I will do this)
Black Postmans lock crossbody - needs strap repair

Post JC
Bayswater Tote in Sea Green

Just writing this list means I need to downsize my collection as there are others I cannot remember without going through it to see what there is. I plan to sell my oversized Alexa in choc and my Annies will go this year along with Khaki postmans lock satchel as I don't use her. I am very proud to say that all pre JC have been purchased second hand and restored by me to their former glory - I use Mulbs repairs to do the bits I cannot do like a new Postmans lock etc. I am also such a sucker for a postmans lock :biggrin:

Reactions: Katinahat
I think it may have been your post that enabled me on the Bays Tote that I read and within the space of 1 hr I had purchased it - she's a beauty and what a bargain price - I just couldn't resist the urge!

My Pre JC list
Annie - Blonde/Oak
Annie - Oak
Redford - Oak - currently with Mulbs repairs getting some love
Blenheim - Oak - currently with Mulbs repairs getting a bit of love
Alexa - Black
Alexa - Oak
Alexa oversized - Chocolate
Postmans lock satchel in Khaki
Postmans lock satchel in Black
Bays NVT Oak
Bays Silky Snake in Ink
Somerset shoulder bag in oak/Black/Fuchsia
Brooke in Oak
Effie in Oak

My current Refurb list awaiting my attention

Bays Tote in NVT - all corners need repair and this one needs handles sorting - she'll go to Mulbs repair - she is also filthy and needs desperate heavy duty cleaning
Harriet Patent beige - to be dyed black (slightly horrified at the prospect of this, but that's how I learn so I will do this)
Black Postmans lock crossbody - needs strap repair

Post JC
Bayswater Tote in Sea Green

Just writing this list means I need to downsize my collection as there are others I cannot remember without going through it to see what there is. I plan to sell my oversized Alexa in choc and my Annies will go this year along with Khaki postmans lock satchel as I don't use her. I am very proud to say that all pre JC have been purchased second hand and restored by me to their former glory - I use Mulbs repairs to do the bits I cannot do like a new Postmans lock etc. I am also such a sucker for a postmans lock :biggrin:
That’s is an impressive list! You are obviously very talented at restoration too! And an oak fan I see. It’s such a versatile colour.

I’m the total opposite and only buy new, albeit usually in the sales, airport or outlet. I’ve looked online at preloved but never quite feel confident enough. Perhaps this direct Mulberry buying second hand option is good for people like me...

That’s is an impressive list! You are obviously very talented at restoration too! And an oak fan I see. It’s such a versatile colour.

I’m the total opposite and only buy new, albeit usually in the sales, airport or outlet. I’ve looked online at preloved but never quite feel confident enough. Perhaps this direct Mulberry buying second hand option is good for people like me...

I agree with you entirely, the restoration road is not an easy one and some bags I have lost to bag heaven in the process so it doesn't always work out - also sometimes, paying a bit more on pre-loved is the best option - cleaning is relatively straight forward and there's plenty of tips and advice on here to help us all out and get a good result without spending any more. I am no expert by any means, it's a hobby of mine that I enjoy doing. A good example of this is I have an Alexa in oak at the moment for refurb which I thought was a total bargain, but I cannot seem to crack how to fix one of the corners - it's these tricky things that pop up which is when I sometimes think I shouldn't have bought this one..I will definitely take a look at their pre-loved when they come out - there are a couple of models I would be interested in for sure :heart:

Reactions: Katinahat
I agree with you entirely, the restoration road is not an easy one and some bags I have lost to bag heaven in the process so it doesn't always work out - also sometimes, paying a bit more on pre-loved is the best option - cleaning is relatively straight forward and there's plenty of tips and advice on here to help us all out and get a good result without spending any more. I am no expert by any means, it's a hobby of mine that I enjoy doing. A good example of this is I have an Alexa in oak at the moment for refurb which I thought was a total bargain, but I cannot seem to crack how to fix one of the corners - it's these tricky things that pop up which is when I sometimes think I shouldn't have bought this one..I will definitely take a look at their pre-loved when they come out - there are a couple of models I would be interested in for sure :heart:
It’s really good you have made your bag love and obvious skills into such a complete hobby!

Reactions: Chunky1701
I find quite interesting that Mulberry is about to admit to its customers how much their bags have lost in value... I look forward to reading people's experiences!

I don't think it's a matter of whether the bags have lost in financial value. That applies to most bags/items, and fashion and trends have a big influence so it's not really fair to suggest it for a particular designer.

A bag is a piece of leather fashioned into an item to use and enjoy, that's the real value of it which is also an investment in oneself after having chosen a particular bag.

I think it's really nice that some oldies will be rescued and rehabilitated, and it will be interesting to see how they're priced. I think they will be extremely popular and sell like hot cakes.

MM.

Seen a lot about this buy-back in the Facebook groups. It actually makes me chuckle that people are so put out that they will only get offered 20-25% of what they paid. How many other retailers buy things back?! It is like they expect to use a bag for two years and then get back virtually what they paid. Mind you, these are the same people who try and sell their bags for the price they paid and then expect the buyer to pay their PayPal and postage fees. Like they are doing someone a favour :confused1:

Hey there! I recently purchased a SBS cookie from this program for $300 USD! Was a great deal. I love this program, I think its a great way to take control back and I def feel better purchasing from them than places like the real real (which recently damaged a bag of mine btw). I feel like the bag was def re-dyed though as the oak looks a little more red than the original.

Reactions: morejunkny
I am astonished by this system.
It looks like Mulberry is moving backwards from the high-end image they have been trying to build in the last years, with it-bags and price ranges like LV.
I also wonder about the 20 % without receipt, and 25 % with receipt. I could understand 20% money back or 25% store credit.
But aren't they able to authenticate accurately enough they own products ?
As said previouslyo n the thread, the brand seems desperate to sell their new styles. And this might work: people might purchase something they wouldn't have otherwise.
I'm exposing my reasoning as accurately as I can :
- you have a bag you're not wearing. You've "lost" like 1000 pounds.
- you sell them your bag for 250 pounds, and buy a new one for like 1000 pounds again. You have spent 750 pounds that you wouldn't have otherwise.
Well done Mulberry !
I'd rather sell it myself.

Reactions: rockdiva