Mulberry Buy Back Program!

Foofan

O.G.
Jan 10, 2013
Anyone seen this? Would definitely be worth seeing what they offer and are selling...
https://www.mulberry.com/gb/made-to...um=Email&utm_campaign=180220UK&mi_u=C00706590
https://www.mulberry.com/gb/made-to...um=Email&utm_campaign=180220UK&mi_u=C00706590

The Mulberry Exchange
We are delighted to launch this new suite of services that invites customers to have their Mulberry bags authenticated and appraised, with the opportunity to put this value towards a new purchase.

Buy Back
Bring your Mulberry bag to one the following stores for authentication and valuation:

Bond Street, London UK
Gee’s Court, London UK
Regent Street, UK
Covent Garden, London UK
White City, London UK
Glasgow, UK
Edinburgh, UK
Leeds, UK
Manchester, UK
York, UK
Kilver Court, Somerset UK
Spring Street, New York US

You will then receive a Mulberry gift voucher in exchange for your bag.”

Reactions: BooYah
I'm so excited about this. I have a Brimley that has barely seen the light of day. In hindsight I should never have purchased it and wanted to get rid, but was frightened of reselling.

The valuation is going to be interesting.....

Reactions: Foofan
I have a lot of bags I bought unseen and figured out after the fact that they don’t fit my needs or I can’t get on with them, one being my Tessie Hobo in Tangerine which was filled once for a photo and never used again and still has all the plastic on the metalwork.

The link mentions that once the bought-back items are sent to Somerset for a ‘spit & polish’ they’ll be available to buy back in some stores. My only concern is the valuation might be quite low if they are looking to resell and make a profit...

Last edited:
Reactions: Saffron Skye
The link mentions that once the bought-back items are sent to Somerset for a ‘spit & polish’ they’ll be available to buy back in those same aforementioned stores. My only concern is the valuation might be quite low if they are looking to resell and make a profit...

Yep, that's my concern. My Brimley has been used twice. It went from front door, into car, into mum's house and a return journey. it has been Colonilled to death. It's literally brand new, has pride of place on the passenger seat and hell will freeze over before any of my bags are placed on the floor.

Now I wonder if they will log valuations. I'm tempted to visit two different stores. I guess I can just walk away if I feel that I'm being shafted not the price.

Reactions: Foofan
This is what caught my eye, in the photo advertising this launch, they have a mini Alexa, a Congo classic saddle bag and another classic oldie. I think it’s very interesting to see they want to buy back their older (classic, better materials and quality) stock, refurbish it and resell it.

This makes me think, as previously noted, the company is not as profitable as they want to be and they can see how strong the trade is on Mulberry classic older stock and the dip in new stock sales and want in on the profits...

Plus is it me, or does it sound just a tiny bit desperate to go to your customers and ask if you can buy your old bags back off them to try and entice them to buy new stock in exchange...??

Last edited:
“ Buy Pre-loved
A selection of pre-loved and archive pieces will be also available for purchase in select stores - all carefully revived by Mulberry’s restoration artisans in Somerset. With a focus on rare silhouettes and limited-edition pieces, each bag will be valued and priced individually, with new drops arriving regularly.

Pre-loved can be shopped at the following stores:

Bond Street, London UK
Gees Court, London UK
Spring Street, New York US”

I read a comment on their page earlier when on Facebook from someone who had been in for the buy back valuation service - they said they were offered 25% of the original price with a receipt or 20% without a receipt. So, maybe worth it on some bags I'm sure - on others not so, such as the popular Bays/Alexas especially if they're in good condition. There were several other comments mentioning the 25%. I also wonder about whether you would get this if the condition of any bag taken in, was not so perfect. I don't recall reading anything about the condition of the bags they will take back with this service. Does anyone else know?

I read a comment on their page earlier when on Facebook from someone who had been in for the buy back valuation service - they said they were offered 25% of the original price with a receipt or 20% without a receipt. So, maybe worth it on some bags I'm sure - on others not so, such as the popular Bays/Alexas especially if they're in good condition. There were several other comments mentioning the 25%. I also wonder about whether you would get this if the condition of any bag taken in, was not so perfect. I don't recall reading anything about the condition of the bags they will take back with this service. Does anyone else know?

That is disappointing as I was hoping to take in my Cara as I have only used it twice but as I can't find the receipt it would mean I would only be offered £200 for it and for that I would rather keep it! Especially as I would have to make a special trip into London at a cost of around £50. Ebay it is then.

On V-day I brought my old small Alice zipped tote pink color. I hardly used and it's still great condition and because of the color it's so hard to match outfits with as well. I was offered 25% back from the retail value of the bag that I purchased. I got back around $225 and decided to get something else, so I got small palm green amberley - silky calf plus on top of it the sale rep said there's additional 20 percent off on sale items so that help a bit.

https://www.mulberry.com/us/shop/women/sale/sale-bags/small-amberley-satchel-palm-green-silky-calf

Total of the retail sale price is $860 - minus 20% and my $225 credit, so I ended paying $524 for my new bag. I saved about $300 something that day. I wish I could have gotten more but I think 25% is what you would get back for your old bags.

Attachments

• HH5744_000R560.jpeg
    HH5744_000R560.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 266
I received an email about this and whilst I’m not so interested in their more recent bags, I love the idea of possibly being able to buy classic vintage Mulberry bags (Darwin leather ideally!) refurbished and directly from Mulberry!
I totally agree - my entire collection is vintage and pre JC era and I absolutely love Darwin leather! It's just so reassuringly solid, well made and totally beautiful IMO - I am with you all the way :heart: My only post JC purchase arrived today - the lovely Bayswater Tote in Deep Sea - wow, just wow, she's a beauty - it's the first and only bag I've purchased direct since JC took over as designer and quite frankly, the only one I've shown any interest in. I am a sucker for a classic design :biggrin:

On V-day I brought my old small Alice zipped tote pink color. I hardly used and it's still great condition and because of the color it's so hard to match outfits with as well. I was offered 25% back from the retail value of the bag that I purchased. I got back around $225 and decided to get something else, so I got small palm green amberley - silky calf plus on top of it the sale rep said there's additional 20 percent off on sale items so that help a bit.

https://www.mulberry.com/us/shop/women/sale/sale-bags/small-amberley-satchel-palm-green-silky-calf

Total of the retail sale price is $860 - minus 20% and my $225 credit, so I ended paying $524 for my new bag. I saved about $300 something that day. I wish I could have gotten more but I think 25% is what you would get back for your old bags.
Beautiful bag :loveeyes: Peonypony! You must be very pleased :biggrin:

Reactions: peonypony
I totally agree - my entire collection is vintage and pre JC era and I absolutely love Darwin leather! It's just so reassuringly solid, well made and totally beautiful IMO - I am with you all the way :heart: My only post JC purchase arrived today - the lovely Bayswater Tote in Deep Sea - wow, just wow, she's a beauty - it's the first and only bag I've purchased direct since JC took over as designer and quite frankly, the only one I've shown any interest in. I am a sucker for a classic design :biggrin:
Snap! I just bought this bag in Deep Sea too! Arrived on Monday and I’ve been carrying it for work all week. Lovely colour and design that seems very versatile.

I’ve bought several bags post JC but most are actually the original designs that they still sell or from outlet bought more recently. I’m a sucker for the iconic postman’s lock with the tree. I do like the new rider’s lock too.

Pre JC designs
Bayswater in mole grey
Alexa in Chestnut
Black SBS
Mini Cara in steel blue
Oxblood Tessie Hobo
Lily in black and oak
Tree continental purse in oak

JC designs
Black Seaton
Mini Amberley in Amethyst
Bayswater Tote in Deep Sea
Darley Long Wallet in Porcelain blue
Pink Zip Around Long wallet

I’d not sell any of them to get 25% of their value off a new bag. I’d rather continue to shop sales/outlet and I do carry them all still. Having just got one, I’m trying to restrain myself now anyway! Although, I guess if I lived near a store selling reconditioned bags I’d take a look....

Last edited:
Reactions: Chunky1701