Mulberry Brooke - Made in England?

GreyFeather

Nov 16, 2011
Hi All :smile:

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the proportion of Brookes made in the UK compared to Turkey/China or wherever else Mulberry bags were made at the time.

I'm planning on searching for a Brooke at some point during 2012 and although I'm not stricly anti anti on the bags made elsewhere I would love a vintage made in England Mulberry.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Philippa

Greyfeather, I've had a few Brookes over the years, but never one made in England! They do pop up on ebay from time to time. 3 have sold over the past couple of weeks: 2 oakies and a black.

Brooke is a fantastic little bag IMO, understated and quite hip. I had a long strap which I used instead of the chain sometimes.

Good luck with your search!

Hi GreyFeather - as Brooke is a discontinued bag, Ebay is a good place to search.....there is currently a Vanilla/lemon one on there at the moment.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MULBERRY-...54?pt=UK_Women_s_Handbags&hash=item3cbede995e

As always, it's best to refer anything you're interested in onto the Authentication Thread and our lovely ladies will check it for you............

A lot of sellers don't know the name of the bag so sometimes it's pot luck coming across one that's just been listed.

I don't think there is any information regarding the proportion of bags made in England v anywhere else.

A trusted seller of authentic bags is Naughtipidgin.........

http://www.naughtipidginsnest.co.uk/

The following thread might also be of assistance........

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry-shopping/mulberry-resellers-consignment-stores-700120.html

And you can add your "want" to the following thread........

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry-shopping/desperately-searching-for-a-mulberry-663841-108.html

Good luck in your search! :smile:

Thank you both for your help - yes Brooke really is a lovely little bag!

I won't be too upset if the one I end up with isn't made in England, but it would be nice!

Thanks very much for the links - I'll be keeping a lookout for one, although should probably do some saving first considering I only just bought a Mulberry! Would absolutely love a Brooke in Oak!

I have a gorgeous little Brooke in Oak and it is made in Turkey.

Very jealous! The Mulberry I have already is made in Turkey and the quality seems absolutely fine so I wouldn't be upset if my Brooke ends up being made in Turkey as well :smile:. How long have you had your Brooke? Curious as to how versatile and durable you have found it.

Very jealous! The Mulberry I have already is made in Turkey and the quality seems absolutely fine so I wouldn't be upset if my Brooke ends up being made in Turkey as well :smile:. How long have you had your Brooke? Curious as to how versatile and durable you have found it.

I bought my Brooke when it was first released back in 2005/2006 (can't remember exactly). She comes out for the summer and has a lovely shine now.

PS I really don't mind the Made In Turkey bags, I have quite a few and they seem to have a good quality control.

Attachments

• Dsc00514.jpg
    Dsc00514.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 730
I bought my Brooke when it was first released back in 2005/2006 (can't remember exactly). She comes out for the summer and has a lovely shine now.

PS I really don't mind the Made In Turkey bags, I have quite a few and they seem to have a good quality control.

No, the one I have is absolutely fine. As long as they are ethically produced and are high quality I really have no issue - only sentimental reasons really for wanting a made in England.

And yes your Brooke is stunning - perfect summer bag, but could be pulled off year round I think. I'm sorely tempted by one on Ebay right now -_- Trust me to buy a Mulberry then want another straight after.

GreyFeather, there are TWO oak Brookes on ebay ATM, and a vanilla too!

Thanks so much for the help! I'm forcing myself to wait a while before making my next Mulberry purchase though so I must not let myself be tempted by Ebay :pout: Must...not...

I'm also now really developing a passion for the Somerset Tote and Daria Satchel so perhaps it's best I wait a while and assess my options anyway. Too many lovely bags too choose from, it's so tough to make a decision... - at least I'm firm in my decision that I want a bag in Oak, for now at least ^^. Oh what it must be like to have the £ for them alll.

Thank you littlerock :smile:

Would also appreciate some guidance on how easy/hard to come by genuine Mulberry Brookes are if anyone has any advice!
Don't know if you are still after a Brooke but there is an oak on ebay at the moment - and I just missed out on a lovely pre-owned metallic bronze one (this evening! - gutted as it was gorge - I love them too - hope we don't end up fighting each other in a bidding war!!?....Good luck :smile:...

Don't know if you are still after a Brooke but there is an oak on ebay at the moment - and I just missed out on a lovely pre-owned metallic bronze one (this evening! - gutted as it was gorge - I love them too - hope we don't end up fighting each other in a bidding war!!?....Good luck :smile:...

:bagslap: it's me and you in a bidding war Roxaholic! The metallic bronze Brooke was just fab wasn't it? Did you see the chocolate one this evening as well?

ps I'm not bidding on the oak, I'll leave that one for you:P