Mulberry Bayswater vs. YSL Large Muse

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Ladies...need some advice here! I am torn between the Mulberry Bayswater tote and the YSL Muse for my next purchase. I love both since they're such iconic classics but can't decide which one to go for...HELP!

2. I've never owned a Mulberry, although they look like great casual bags....I think the Muse is a tad more dressy, depending on the specific color/leather you are interested in....

3. My vote is for the YSL Large Muse. I find my Mulberry bayswater to be very heavy and prefer the light weight shape of the muse. I don't use my Mulberry very often anymore

4. I have both . YSL is a bit more dressy .Mulberry is more everyday and looks better with age .

5. Thanks for the input!!

6. Well, since you're in the ysl forum: it's an easy answer: the MUSE of course!
    : )

7. I own the Muse in Black Buffalo and the Mulberry in Oak Brown. I LOVE them both. I do not see the Bayswater being carried around everywhere I turn here in L.A. but the Muse is EVERYWHERE, unfortunately, and sometimes the people carrying it are not exactly "designer handbag" looking people, which makes me wonder.....fake?

I love the Mulberry Bayswater- mine is the oversized version, bought on their online site. It is a classic, and I receive many compliments when carrying the bag. I do not think of it as a "casual" bag, especially if you buy it in black.

As much as I love my Muse, I would purchase the larger size Bayswater. It is the ultimate "Tote" in shape and the leather is beautiful. I am just seeing way too many Muse bags and it's really bugging me. I might give mine a "vacation" for a season or two.

Tough decision- they are both iconic bags. Good Luck!

8. ooooh my god !
    I was thinking the same YSL downtown in Ostrich or Bayswater in Ostrich ??
    mmmmmmm

any help ! !!! Advice PLSSssSS

9. I just got a YSL oversize Muse in a light blue Patent and I have the Mulberry Bayswater in orange. I love the Bayswater, but it is quite heavy and the leather spots VERY easily with exposure to moisture, so be sure to use some protective spray before use. I think the Muse reminds me a bit more of a fun handbag and the Bayswater seems a little like a briefcase - in fact, I often use it for work. Hope this helps!