Mulberry bags that you hate and why?

Got bitten by the Mulberry bug with my first Mulberry purchase, a Mitzy hobo.
She was joined by an oak Alexa soon and in the meantime, they've all become quite a large and happy family :P

And that's how it happened (or rather: how 'hate' became love...):

Alexa? Hmmm, to fiddly to get in and everybody has those knock-offs...
She is my favorite Mulberry now and let's just say Alexa isn't an only child in my Mulberry family :smile:

Didn't like the Bays. Too big, bulky and heavy.
Now I have two... :nuts:

Naaah, will never get a DelRey - after all, I don't do handheld!
Well, now there's a beautiful black forest one sitting right next to me and I love her...

Daria satchel? Noo, don't like the big blingy plaque!
But isn't the petrol one with gunmetal hardware a beauty? And you never know when the sale's going to end (she might be gone forever after all ;)), so I've done the deed and ordered one - can't wait till she arrives... :nuts:

In brief: When it comes to Mulberry, like and dislike is full of surprises - at least with me! :giggles:

Last edited:
She was joined by an oak Alexa soon and in the meantime, they've all become quite a large and happy family :P

She is my favorite Mulberry now and let's just say Alexa isn't an only child in my Mulberry family :smile:

Well, now there's a beautiful black forest one sitting right next to me and I love her...

But isn't the petrol one with gunmetal hardware a beauty? And you never know when the sale's going to end (she might be gone forever after all ;)), so I've done the deed and ordered one - can't wait till she arrives... :nuts:

In brief: When it comes to Mulberry, like and dislike is full of surprises - at least with me! :giggles:
Oh well done another petrol daria hobo.

I think we need to see some PHOTOS!!! Sounds like a lovely collection.

There hasn't been any that I've hated, just felt they werent my style. The only ones I really didn't understand we're the Maisie bags. However just over a week ago I was shopping and saw a girl with the Maisie shoulder in flame (chain strape) I really was taken back by its loveliness. A very striking bag indeed.

As much as I love suede I don't think it's practacle for a handbag, especially with these prices.

We're twins of indecision!! :biggrin: I do find her colour beautiful, but she is a floppy lady and, as you say, I'm not sure that even a bag liner will stop how much her bottom droops (I know the feeling - and it's not a good one!) ;) I need to make a definite decision v soon - nearly £500 is a lot to spend on something that may not be "quite right". I'd rather pay the extra and keep the flowery beauty, who will never droop and who is rather unusual, to say the least! :roflmfao:

Hi indecision twin have you decided yet ? I made up my mind to return it today I know that I will probably regret it for a while, well at least until the next bag !!! :sweatdrop:

Hi indecision twin have you decided yet ? I made up my mind to return it today I know that I will probably regret it for a while, well at least until the next bag !!! :sweatdrop:

Me too, Bagstar ... :shucks: I'll book a return later today or tomorrow morning. I'm just not sure enough to keep her - that droopy bottom, along with the faff to get under the tassels and the fear of the studs falling off, just makes me to unsure about parting with £500. See my latest comment on Left or Right - I have another wretched dilemma and I really don't know what to do about this one!! :roflmfao:

Me too, Bagstar ... :shucks: I'll book a return later today or tomorrow morning. I'm just not sure enough to keep her - that droopy bottom, along with the faff to get under the tassels and the fear of the studs falling off, just makes me to unsure about parting with £500. See my latest comment on Left or Right - I have another wretched dilemma and I really don't know what to do about this one!! :roflmfao:

Oh no I'll take a look. I hadn't thought about the prospect of studs falling off !!! Well apart from the saggy bottom & other niggles I know that my next bag will probably be another Alexa & did not want to buy two similar bags so close together. :biggrin:

CPrincessUK said:
I think we need to see some PHOTOS!!! Sounds like a lovely collection.

I've wanted to do a family shot for such a long time... Right now, terribly busy at work :sad:
But I promise that I'll do one as soon as I can - things should calm down in a month tops..
And then I'll post pics of the Mulberry family! :smile:

Can relate to all of that Hun... X

Hmmmm I think more though that it's the hand heldness of it- I think the straps are a little small to do anything but hold in hands and I don't like that!! She does look gorgeous on a lot of people though - just not for me... Here's a pic

Omg she is beautiful! Shame she wasn't what you were after in the end. I wanted this particular Del Rey but they never brought them to Australia :sad: Or if they did, I was too late! I do love my Black Forest Del Rey though :biggrin:

I used to hate the Alexa, but I'm thinking she might be my next purchase?
Also, love the black furry Maisie, but no other ones :P
Can't wait to see the Pistachio Willow as well!

There are a few Mulberries I detest, but I haven't bothered to get to know their names :P It's probably better that way!