mulberry alexa versus alexander wang duffle

pennyricky

Feb 28, 2010
Hi, I'm new to the forum. Can't decide between mulberry alexa and alexander wang duffle. I have 2 young kids and work part-time so need something that works for both. Which one do you suggest?

Inem

O.G.
Jan 30, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
I'd definitely go for Alexa, mainly because I love the look of handbag that resembles a briefcase, yet it comes with a shoulder strap too when you need to use your hands.
Do you have any pic of the Alexander Wang's duffle btw?

Feb 18, 2010
Hi Penny,

Welcome and you do realise you are in a Mulberry sub forum don't you ?:yahoo: So, maybe our opinions tends to be a little biased.:P

Not very sure which AW bag you are talking about, but if it's the hugely popular studs based bag, i do think the size is just about right for the purposes you stated. However, the lack of a shoulder straps might not go for you since you would need to free your hands for your kids. Are you okay with that?

I do not own a Alexa at the moment, but i have heard reviews that the leather quality varies and might need more babying compared to the other Mulberries. However with that said, i do love the design and style. And the OS one would be perfect for you if you need to ferry the baby stuff.

Just my 2 cents, the AW duffle come across as being elegant and classy. The Alexa is more of a casual chic.. more stylish kind of design to me.

;)

Tay+Lyn

Feb 4, 2010
San Francisco, California
Penny,

no joke, I am having the EXACT same dilemma as you are. Debating between the alexa and the wang duffel. I even made PRO AND CON lists. Hahaha.
I pre-ordered the alexander wang duffel WITH STRAP because no strap is just not an option. But the alexa speaks to me too. Lol. Theyre both very diff styles though. The alexa is more boho chic and the wang is more rocker chic. Two styles im fond of. But to each his/her own. So Im not much help. Im still debating between the two myself.

pennyricky

Feb 28, 2010
Thanks for your help. The wang with the strap is a great solution - I hope it comes in the grey. I love both but am concerned they are both 'it' bags at the moment and will date.

Feb 18, 2010
I am also wondering about Alexa being a IT bag. And not a classic.

But i really do think it has a high chance of being christened into the hall of icons... ;)

Apr 17, 2006
London
I love the alexander wang duffle and couldn't decide between that and the Alexa! However, went for the Alexa, purely because it's lighter and I carry a ton of stuff in my bags! Hope to get a wang duffle one day though :smile:

Apr 24, 2009
Both have different styles & leather type, y not you go with one of the bag first (it does seems u r leaning against AW a bit more than alexa), and perhaps the other one in the future? :graucho:

Both are lovely bags, and definitely will not b out of style~