Mulberry Alexa Tote?

bettymuc77

Oct 29, 2011
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering - a friend told me there was an Alexa Tote bag some time ago (around 2010 maybe). Really?
I've seen the Alexa Hobo, but never have I seen an Alexa tote...

Has anyone of you or do you own one?
If so, what does it look like?

Thanks! :smile:

Am reviving my old thread again because I finally got around to take pictures of this bag, an Alexa tote.

It seems to be authentic, but a rare specimen (have also posted in the 'Authenticate' thread, #8845, 8857) and maybe a sample bag..
Does anyone of you know what a sample bag exactly is?

Anyway - I have never ever seen one like this, I am only familiar with the Alexa hobo. Nothing to be found on Google or anywhere else either.
It's kind of like the hobo, but has two braided handles and is closed by a magnetic fastener.
The tag says 'Alexa soft buffalo tote black' and the season it's from is A/W 10.
Right now, it belongs to a friend of mine and she says someone got it for her from a UK Mulberry outlet about two years ago.

Actually I am really intrigued by it and thinking of buying it off her, because she doesn't use it anyway (oops, I know I'm on the sofa, but...), hmmm... ;)

Here's some pics:

Attachments

• MAH1 - Kopie.JPG
    MAH1 - Kopie.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 500
  • MAH2.JPG
    MAH2.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 435
  • MAH3.JPG
    MAH3.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 430
  • MAH4.JPG
    MAH4.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 424
  • MAHlabel.JPG
    MAHlabel.JPG
    388.7 KB · Views: 476
Am reviving my old thread again because I finally got around to take pictures of this bag, an Alexa tote.

It seems to be authentic, but a rare specimen (have also posted in the 'Authenticate' thread, #8845, 8857) and maybe a sample bag..

Anyway - I have never ever seen one like this, I am only familiar with the Alexa hobo. Nothing to be found on Google or anywhere else either.
It's kind of like the hobo, but has two braided handles and is closed by a magnetic fastener.
The tag says 'Alexa soft buffalo tote black' and the season it's from is A/W 10.
Right now, it belongs to a friend of mine and she says someone got it for her from a UK Mulberry outlet about two years ago.

Actually I am really intrigued by it and thinking of buying it off her, because she doesn't use it anyway (oops, I know I'm on the sofa, but...), hmmm... ;)

Here's some pics:
How different never seen this before looks much better than the hobo imo.

Here's some pics:

That's a really interesting bag, never seen this before. I would be interested if this is a sample or dare I say it.. a fake.. :shame:

That's a really interesting bag, never seen this before. I would be interested if this is a sample or dare I say it.. a fake.. :shame:

Yep, that's what I'm thinking - two options here.
If it's a fake, it's a really good one... But if there's any doubt that it's real, I won't get it, of course.

Last edited:
I think it looks pretty good. I've got alexa hobos and my oak one is identical in every way from the top edge downwards -just a squared off top and one handle &strap. I wouldn't mind betting its a legit sample- recently shepton had a polly sample, which never made it into production. These samples are quite intriguing to see. I like it!!

So - a sample bag is when they make one (or just a few) which never goes into production.
Then the few ones they've made are sold in an outlet or so, not in a store or online.
Am I getting this right? Not really familiar with sample bags...

So - a sample bag is when they make one (or just a few) which never goes into production.
Then the few ones they've made are sold in an outlet or so, not in a store or online.

I'm not an expert so you may want to wait until somebody who does attend sampl sales chimes in.

I've never seen samples in BV, YK or CO. BV I used to visit regularly as I lived locally a few years ago and I've only been to SM once, but if they were to end up anywhere it would be here. As far as I know the sample sales tend to happen in the main Mulberry stores, usually by invite to customers who register on their database when they make purchases.

Hi Betty,

Samples can be practice pieces made by apprentices or prototypes of a new style or range. Similarly they could be trial pieces of a known style but in a new leather. There are sample sales held every year in London, as was mentioned by Riff, and are by ticket admission only. The bag in your pics looks good, but let's see what our authenticators have to say....

:tup:

Hi Betty,

Samples can be practice pieces made by apprentices or prototypes of a new style or range. Similarly they could be trial pieces of a known style but in a new leather. There are sample sales held every year in London, as was mentioned by Riff, and are by ticket admission only. The bag in your pics looks good, but let's see what our authenticators have to say....

:tup:

Thanks Moo :smile:

Yep, am excited about the authenticators' opinion too - so far, they think it's good but are waiting for more opinions because they have never seen this model either...

Wondering if I could email Mulberry to find out if there ever was an Alexa tote, but not sure if they'd tell - might as well try though, hmm..

Seems that a very unusual Lexy is about to join my family :smile: