Mulberry Alexa OS in da house!

She is a beauty. Congratulations.

Isn't it strange that the quality of the leather seems to vary. I wonder if there is more than one manufacturing site for Alexa for there to be such a variation.

cazza1969: I think that there might just be two manufacturing sites for Alexa as there seems to be no real consistency in the quality of leather used in the bag. I would not have bought any of the three bags I saw yesterday at the Mulberry store. The bag I received today is just what I think of when I think of Mulberry, quality craftsmanship, precision detail and fine substantial leathers. Mine says that it was made in England.

Last edited:
Congrats, Liz!!! Am so happy that you got the type of leather you wanted in your Alexa, because it could so easily have gone the other way - what a brilliant stroke of luck! I can see the graininess in the leather in your pics... and your Alexa is just gorgeous.... love her on you as well - proportions are perfect.

Mine (from Harrods) is due to arrive today... I'm really hoping I'll be as lucky as you... fingers crossed.

Liz, your OS Alexa is beautiful. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 172 cm and I keep thinking the regular is way too small for me.

Inem: Thanks so very much for your kind words. I am really petite at 5'2"
tall. I love the Oversize Alexa and it really is not that big at all for me. The regular sized Alexa is too small for my needs. I will take more modeling photos tomorrow and post them in this thread tomorrow for you to see.

Congrats, Liz!!! Am so happy that you got the type of leather you wanted in your Alexa, because it could so easily have gone the other way - what a brilliant stroke of luck! I can see the graininess in the leather in your pics... and your Alexa is just gorgeous.... love her on you as well - proportions are perfect.

Mine (from Harrods) is due to arrive today... I'm really hoping I'll be as lucky as you... fingers crossed.

MichK: I am really happy with her. I hope you get the leather you desire on your bag as well and am looking forward to your reveal.

LizC, I am so excited for you!!! I had virtually given up on the Alexa for myself - I still haven't received any calls from Mulberry in NYC, waaaah - but your pics and your description have renewed my hope!!! :yahoo:

It looks lovely on you - I really like it with the nautical top you have on, btw. :yes:

You are also seriously making me rethinking my fear of Oak not working with my own wardrobe, lol. I am also just a tad bit taller than you (maybe an inch) so I am even reconsidering the size of the Alexa I had originally chosen. :noggin:

You really did get a beauty congratulations it look great on you :biggrin:

I agree the leather seems to differ so much I saw one in Liberty's in London and the leather was awful

Liz, your Alexa is lovely! What a gorgeous grain! She looks fab on you, especially with your blue top.

I'm not surprised to hear the quality of leather varies as I had seen some irl that really didn't seem nice at all. And yet I've seen so many gorgeous ones revealed here on the Forum, all looking very different to the ones I saw.

I'm so glad your online purchase gamble paid off!

I thought that this was going to be a story of disappointment from the first things that you said and was so glad that it had a happy ending. Your bag is truly gorgeous!

Wow Liz that is stunning. I can't believe the depth of colour of the oak. I'm so pleased you have such a beauty as you must have been really nervous after seeing the not so good ones first.

Looks totally fab Liz! Glad you are happy with the leather on yours!

Saw a butter regular Alexa IRL yesterday and the leather was as you desribed those other bags. Thin, crinkled, paper-like....