Mug in a Speedy 30

I am pretty sure I know the answer but am going to ask anyway. I have a speedy B 30 that I use as my going to work bag. Every morning I carry my contigo locakable thermal mug of coffee with me. I was wondering what your thoughts were with putting this in my bag since it fits and it does lock. I have never had it leak so I think it would be okay but am a bit nervous.
I personally wouldn't, but if you wanted to then maybe consider looking into a zippered multi-compartment interior organizer and thinking of ways to water-proof its lining. There's a lot of products out there, usually in aerosol form, where you can just spray onto a surface to repel water - or in this case coffee - and should spills occur then the liquid will just bead until it can be wiped up.

Pro-hack: depending on the product and its application, it may even be able to prevent pen ink from physically making contact with a bag's lining and staining it.

Ultimately you need to decide how you would feel if it did leak. I personally have carried a hydroflask filled w/ water in my neverfull and it leaked and I now have a large water stain on the vachetta trim. Do I still carry my hydro? Yes.

Just depends on if you will have regrets if something leaks and potentially ruins your bag or what you have inside.

Reactions: kmatt33
the only thing i would put in mine is a water bottle with a twist cap. no coffee.

i had a friend who had a diet coke bottle explode inside of her new neverfull recently and my first thought was why would you put that in your lv haha

Reactions: JadaStormy
I have the same contigo mug and I have never had it leak. My husband drops his mug all the time and he has broken the seal or lid or something and all his end up leaking. I only put the mug in my neverfull for a very short period, standing upright, and locked. I would just be careful. I feel that it still could leak.

I can't believe people are scared to carry stuff in their bags. It's ridiculous. I'm not loaded but I fling everything in my bags, including nail polish. I wouldn't have the bags if I felt that precious about them. What would be the point?

I carry a Nespresso travel mug inside my bag that is filled with latte almost every day. The mug is very safe and doesn't leak if closed properly. I do put the mug inside a ziplock or other secure plastic bag though - just in case.

I can't believe people are scared to carry stuff in their bags. It's ridiculous. I'm not loaded but I fling everything in my bags, including nail polish. I wouldn't have the bags if I felt that precious about them. What would be the point?

Um, it's not ridiculous for people to want their bags to look nice. The price is part of it, but some people just don't want to carry a dirty bag with coffee, pen and nail polish stains. It's not crazy to avoid carrying things that will spill or stain.

I see those bag on ebay where people just throw everything in and they look a disgusting filthy mess. :sick: But to each their own.

Reactions: mcgummerson
It ultimately depends on how YOU feel about it. If you got a nasty coffee stain all over your Louis, would it upset you? Or could you move on with your life???

Personally, I don't think I would do it. I've put water bottles in my bags, but no other types of liquids. Well, I did stick a juice box and a yogurt (which I guess could be considered a thick liquid) inside my Nice BB, but that was for the sheer purpose of an LV-toiletry-bag-turned-lunchbox simulation, so............... :P:biggrin:;)

Um, it's not ridiculous for people to want their bags to look nice. The price is part of it, but some people just don't want to carry a dirty bag with coffee, pen and nail polish stains. It's not crazy to avoid carrying things that will spill or stain.

I see those bag on ebay where people just throw everything in and they look a disgusting filthy mess. :sick: But to each their own.
I've had my bags for years and they're still immaculate - I now use Samorga liners to organise them. My point is if you're scared to use them for what there intended for (carrying things) then it's pointless having them. If the worst happens so what? There's a lot of ****tier things happening in the world right now to be getting upset/devastated or whatever choice of word you prefer over a dirty bag.

Reactions: B_Glam