Msr. Louboutin at Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills Feb.3!

When I went to a signing last year, he only signed shoes bought that day. But I think its NM, not him that does that. They turned away people even meeting him if they didnt buy something.:nono: Which CL found out later I heard and sent them something in the mail.

That was nice of CL. I have a feeling NM will stick pretty closely to the "must buy that day" policy. I'm sure there will be a lot of people, media, etc. and NM will for sure want to make sure the customers who buy that day don't get dissed.

I'm on a ban regardless, but I'd be more inclined to buy if NM had better stock. I've been a little disappointed with it these last couple of seasons, which is too bad cuz I have an awesome NM shoe SA.

I really wanted to get my book signed... think they'd allow it???

They might, but you'd likely have to buy shoes, too. If you have the time, it might be worth it to check it out anyway and bring your book in case. There will be tons of people, so if you want a guaranteed siggy, be prepared to buy or wait a long time, or do both.

I'd love to get my book signed, too, but I just don't know if it's worth it for me to use up a vacation day for this, given that I'm also on a ban at this time:Push:

I was just thinking...it's awards season, and Msr. CL seems to come to town every year at this time. It's possible that he could make appearances at other places around town...:thinking:

Does anyone know if you can buy a pair in advance and then pick them up the day of the signing? I would just rather pick out my pair when it isn't hectic and I also would hate to get there that day and the pair I want be sold out.

That was nice of CL. I have a feeling NM will stick pretty closely to the "must buy that day" policy. I'm sure there will be a lot of people, media, etc. and NM will for sure want to make sure the customers who buy that day don't get dissed.

I'm on a ban regardless, but I'd be more inclined to buy if NM had better stock. I've been a little disappointed with it these last couple of seasons, which is too bad cuz I have an awesome NM shoe SA.

Yeah I think they will stick with the must buy that day policy, I am also hopping they will have better stock, I don't have an SA at NM beverly hills Can you recommend your SA?

any other info about the event?

it's unfortunate you have to buy a pair considering that many here have soo many shoes, many likely unworn. i have a pair i'd like to get signed bc they were the first CLs I loved [tobacco maggie and now i have at least one maggie from each season thus far, except this spring] and i think it'd be nice to get it signed.

but i understand their hustle.

Good point. I wonder what the selection is like. There's really only one pair I want listed on their ecom....
They might, but you'd likely have to buy shoes, too. If you have the time, it might be worth it to check it out anyway and bring your book in case. There will be tons of people, so if you want a guaranteed siggy, be prepared to buy or wait a long time, or do both.

I'd love to get my book signed, too, but I just don't know if it's worth it for me to use up a vacation day for this, given that I'm also on a ban at this time:Push:

I totally agree, pr1nc355. NM's in-store selection has gone way downhill as of late, which makes me wary that I'll even find something for Msr. L to sign. Booo... and I really wanted to meet him this time too!!!

Yeah I think they will stick with the must buy that day policy, I am also hopping they will have better stock, I don't have an SA at NM beverly hills Can you recommend your SA?

any other info about the event?

I don't have any new info to report on, but I'm PMing you now with a SA name.

Good point. I wonder what the selection is like. There's really only one pair I want listed on their ecom....

There's not much. I've been told that the CL company has been wanting to put a bigger slice of their pie into the boutiques, so department stores don't have much to sell. The BH store's selection is among the best in the country, but their CL stock sells out fast all year-round, even without sales or special events.

I'll stop by NM again sometime this week and will see if I can find out more about this event.

I totally agree, pr1nc355. NM's in-store selection has gone way downhill as of late, which makes me wary that I'll even find something for Msr. L to sign. Booo... and I really wanted to meet him this time too!!!

Awww...if you have the time, you may want to stop in anyway just in case the line turns out to be shorter than expected.

Does anyone know if you can buy a pair in advance and then pick them up the day of the signing? I would just rather pick out my pair when it isn't hectic and I also would hate to get there that day and the pair I want be sold out.

I'd think so, but if I were you, I'd call every few days or so to double check that your purchase doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Expect madness and tons of people that day, and if you're coming all the way from CT, you probably don't want to take any chances.

Provided this is an afternoon event, I'd be willing to organize a meetup after the signing. I'm likely not going to be participating in the event, but we can meet there and go for drinks/dinner somewhere nearby. If anyone else is in, let me know.

I'd think so, but if I were you, I'd call every few days or so to double check that your purchase doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Expect madness and tons of people that day, and if you're coming all the way from CT, you probably don't want to take any chances.

I was thinking about doing it for the BG signing, there just isn't a pair that I have to have atm.