Mr. Big Year of the Ox

Does anyone know if we’re getting the new Year of the Ox collection? I don’t see it on the website and my SA didn’t know anything about it. As I’m the year of the ox, I’d really love to get it

Any advice on how to get a piece from this collection in the US? I’ve been waiting through the charming Lunar New Year designs of the past few years for my turn ... that dependable, stolid ol’ OX. Actually, I don’ t adore the Ox designs so much because to me they look like a cow ... though an adorable cow. I can live with that. I have 16 Longchamp pieces including 9 leather bags, 5 nylon bags, 2 SLGs. I can’t let my very own birth animal pass me by without bringing something home from the collection. Any advice would be appreciated.

Any advice on how to get a piece from this collection in the US? I’ve been waiting through the charming Lunar New Year designs of the past few years for my turn ... that dependable, stolid ol’ OX. Actually, I don’ t adore the Ox designs so much because to me they look like a cow ... though an adorable cow. I can live with that. I have 16 Longchamp pieces including 9 leather bags, 5 nylon bags, 2 SLGs. I can’t let my very own birth animal pass me by without bringing something home from the collection. Any advice would be appreciated.

I understand where you're coming from. I would be disappointed too if something like this slipped through my fingers.

@anahita balsara who started this thread managed to get one through a personal shopper in Japan whom she has used before. Maybe you can PM her if she doesn't respond on this thread. May the force be with you!

Today is the launch date in my home country of Malaysia. However, I was told that Mr Bags did not design this year’s bag. It was designed by Sophie. Here’s a pic

View attachment 4942173

Really cute bag! When it was the year of the rooster, I got the very limited edition Longchamp 3-D tote in red and with the rooster on it. I was in Singapore and the region on extended vacation as I'm in the region annually. But, I decided to fly to Hong Kong for a few days and waited to purchase the rooster 3-D there (no tax) instead of in Singapore. Then, I flew back to Singapore and stayed for a while before eventually flying home to L.A. as I'm usually in the region for at least a month and a half. The shopping is always great in the whole region and when in Penang, it's Monica Quen and British India clothing to go with all my handbags. LOL!

Really cute bag! When it was the year of the rooster, I got the very limited edition Longchamp 3-D tote in red and with the rooster on it. I was in Singapore and the region on extended vacation as I'm in the region annually. But, I decided to fly to Hong Kong for a few days and waited to purchase the rooster 3-D there (no tax) instead of in Singapore. Then, I flew back to Singapore and stayed for a while before eventually flying home to L.A. as I'm usually in the region for at least a month and a half. The shopping is always great in the whole region and when in Penang, it's Monica Quen and British India clothing to go with all my handbags. LOL!

Oh yes, I remember the Rooster 3D but I didn't get it as I prefer black bags. It was a special year indeed as that was the first CNY that LC in Malaysia was directly operated by HQ. Prior to that, it was a franchisee handling the sales here and we never got special CNY bags. As the Rooster is supposed to be the special friend of the Dragon, which I am, I got the keychain instead :biggrin:

Glad to hear that you love your trips to this part of the world. I'm from KL so I don't go to Penang often but when I do, I just love the food there :biggrin:

The rooster bag is gorgeous and I love red handbags. I'm not in love with roosters though....bad past experiences with them. LOL! But, the bag was so gorgeous and also very limited edition and also for the Asian market, so I figured that I'd go for it. I didn't know if I could have found it down in KL or not, but since I was taking a few days in Hong Kong before going back to Singapore and then later flying home, I got lucky and found one in Hong Kong.

Yes, I love your part of the world and have been going nearly annually since the 1990s. Too bad with the pandemic and all now as I really missed being in the region from December to February as under normal conditions, I would have been coming home this month. But, the Malaysian cousins call and also e-mail. LOL!

The rooster bag is gorgeous and I love red handbags. I'm not in love with roosters though....bad past experiences with them. LOL! But, the bag was so gorgeous and also very limited edition and also for the Asian market, so I figured that I'd go for it. I didn't know if I could have found it down in KL or not, but since I was taking a few days in Hong Kong before going back to Singapore and then later flying home, I got lucky and found one in Hong Kong.

Yes, I love your part of the world and have been going nearly annually since the 1990s. Too bad with the pandemic and all now as I really missed being in the region from December to February as under normal conditions, I would have been coming home this month. But, the Malaysian cousins call and also e-mail. LOL!

Sounds like a great way to get away from the colder months in the year :biggrin: Hope we can all get our vaccinations soon so that this pandemic can end.

Reactions: frenziedhandbag