Travel MOVING to France - all advice welcome!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This entire post is chock-full of exactly the kind of advice I needed :smooch:

Sounds like the concierge service is the way to go! I will definitely be looking into that option, as I will be flying over there all by my very petite self and I was having nightmares about wrestling with luggage that is sure to weigh more than I do :P

I have a follow-up query about bringing everything as checked luggage though - are you not concerned about loss of your luggage by the airline? Even though I always fly first class I have real reluctance to check baggage because of the low liability limits the airlines tend to put on the value of reimbursements for lost baggage :wondering

I'm in Paris right now and again used the concierge service, it was very convenient. Didn't wait in any lines, got my luggage for me.

About the luggage, I've never thought about losing it to be honest. If you fly first class, I was told that the chances are even lower. Your luggage has 'first class' tag on it and if there's anything, your luggage is a priority.

Anyway, when I'm packing for a move, I get so stressed out that I don't even want to think about that kind of stuff. My luggage was lost once on my flight from the USA to Germany but it was delivered to my room next day.

Concierge service is from 135 to 500 euro, you can find information on the airport website, but so good for you. I had a horrible connection flight once from another airport and didn't know about the concierge. Had to move my 8 bags myself. It was a nightmare, I still remember it years later. Don't do it to yourself. moving to another country is pretty stressful so it's always better to pay a little extra for comfort.