Moving On and Up...But Will Always Be in LVOE

Wow, that was a very bold move but I have the feeling that you are doing what is right for you! The ones you decided to keep are beautiful bags that I'm sure you will use often. I haven't really been bitten by the Balenciaga bug but I totally know what you mean about diversifying! The Chloe Paddington sounds yummy. If I had a bunch of money coming in, non-LV items I would go for would be: a Marc Jacobs Stam, a Chanel classic flap and an Hermes Lindy. I totally agree about the denim neo cabby, I am waiting to see the black! Good luck with the shopping and I'm glad to hear you will still be around!

Right on twigs you came clean and did what you had to do...I hear you on the $$$ and the fact that there are too many new things that you just want more and more...good for you...how does one downsize...do you list on ebay...what are the steps involved?? thanks

are you going to get the neocabby mm in black...that is the bag I love and I am so tempted by.....

also did you lose much $$ by selling your collection or was the resale decent??

Thanks all!

LVpug: I am selling in different venues. In terms of resale...I'm losing a bit on items I am buying brand new because I had to pay tax, etc. Stuff I bought on ebay I do pretty good on because I didn't have to pay tax, etc. Also...gotta pay the paypal fees too!
But...I did get to use the bags :smile:

NOOOOOOOOO! Ah poo, atleast you're not leaving us completely. I had to slow down too. I understand about too much coming out lately and wanting them all now. I had to finally say no! It started to feel gluttonous.

Ok twiggers!
congratz on deciding to put your foot down and re-evaluate your spending habits! that's a very good decision and you'll be much happier for it in the long run...in any case, visit often!

In this day and age, where instant gratification is valued above everything else in the world of consumerism, it is really difficult to let go. But YOU have. Well done, out of all the 'congrats' that I have given out, you probably deserve it the most.

CONGRATS!!!

:crybaby::nuts:

Wow, twiggers!! I am shocked, but I totally understand where you're coming from. I think you are one fantastic and brave lady to say enough is enough and really act on your instincts. I think you made wise choices in the bags that you kept and that you sold. You must feel so free to be out of the LV stranglehold!!! Good for you!

I know you said you'll pop in here once in a while, so I'm here to tell you ----"You better!!" LOL You've been a great asset to the LV forum so I'm really looking forward to seeing your future posts. :flowers:

Congratulations Twiggers. I think that you made a wise decision. You also kept some great bags. You can have comfort knowing that balenciaga is one of the few brands that resales for "above" retail.

Thanks everyone!!!! I hope I can better approach buying my bags now...and just buying to buy! It is so easy to get sucked in!

I am actually doing this in other areas too....for example...I am selling almost all my DVDs (yea...do I really need copies of movies I will NEVER watch again)....collectible things that I don't ever use and that stay in boxes. It's time to unload and start fresh!

Oh ..Naomi!! ...:sad:

Anyway, I think this's happened to me once..at that time I thought I'm done with LV and I should move on to other bags.

So, I decided to have Kelly bag as I think H is my long-time classic and B Bag is my fun & practical everyday bag (I'm still using BBag for school, I mean every single days until now). Then again, I came back to LV, but this time I bought and will buy only LE or run way bags (except for the Suhali lines which I just started to like). :graucho:

Hope to see you here (LV forum) and there (BBag forum). :rolleyes:

Naomi Im so glad you are staying !! :P But dont get a Hermes, once you get one you never come back LOL
O/J...Seriously I would LOVE to get a Hermes. And there is no point hauding Bags, keep the onces you have now and use them in good health. Enjoy !! :tup: :flowers:

Wow! Good for you Twiggers, having a real clear out, very cathartic they say! I so need to do that but I am so anal. I sell some new bags that I haven't used & won't use but my used & treasured LV collection, even though I don't use a lot of them all the time, I just cannot part with.