Travel Moving for good to another country.. what is the best way to send my bags over there

sona

Dec 24, 2008
Pittsburgh,PA
Hello Guys, Dont know in which sub forum this question fits in , but I thought its more general...

I am moving to my another country after 8 years of being in the US and I wanted to know what is the best way to ship my bags there .. I am not comfortable checking it in with my luggauage so I plan to put a few clutches and smaller bags in my hand baggage. My parents live in the country I am moving to and I thought I could ship the rest of my bags to them.

Will I be charged customs? What is the best way to ship so I am insured for any loss or damage and get away without having to pay customs? Thanks! I really need advice..

minatol

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
How many are there? 20? 100? I think it would depend on the quantity and of course, the value.

La Vanguardia

PAPER DOLL
O.G.
Dec 21, 2005
I've moved to 5 different countries and you can contact professional international moving companies. You're items are insured depending how much you declare them. As for customs, it depends on the rules and regulations for each country. If you're items are used personal effects/furniture and you're permanently moving from one country to another, it shouldn't be a problem.

bipolarbear

Jun 10, 2009
It depends on the country a bit as well, but I agree with LaVangaurdia, you shouldn't have any problem through international movers. What an exciting opportunity - have a great experience!!

sona

Dec 24, 2008
Pittsburgh,PA
Hi, There are about 16 bags and the total value is approx 13,000. They are all my pwn bags however they do look pretty new because I baby my bags. I do have receipts though that are dated so that might help? Ill try contacting some moving companies. Thanks! Any recommendation? Im moving to India..

luxpurse

Aug 16, 2009
Good to know about the existence of this thread. I may be moving to another country in Asia too and I have tonnes of my precious bags to be brought along. I am still contemplating if I should sell as many before I move or to keep them with me...