Movies

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Hello everyone!

I'd like to start a movie thread....I love movies almost as much as I do bags (almost, but not quite). I try to see one or two a week, and the habit comes from college where one of my closest friends was the manager at a movie theater near school - he would show everyone new Friday movies during midnight on Thursday for free. This past weekend, I saw "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "King Kong" and to be honest, I wasn't too impressed with either. What movies have you guys seen lately?

I haven't been to the movies in a while, which is a shame because I really want to see Walk the Line and King Kong. And it's not just because Joaquin Phoenix and Adrien Brody are hot, I'm sure they are good movies.

The last movies I saw were Saw II (terrifying) and Weatherman. I saw Weatherman on a top ten worst movies of 2005 list and I wanted to scream at whoever wrote it. It was the most affecting movie I have seen in a long time.

I'm still hoping we get a TV/Movies/Music subcategory sometime soon.

chemlex said:
I haven't been to the movies in a while, which is a shame because I really want to see Walk the Line and King Kong. And it's not just because Joaquin Phoenix and Adrien Brody are hot, I'm sure they are good movies.

The last movies I saw were Saw II (terrifying) and Weatherman. I saw Weatherman on a top ten worst movies of 2005 list and I wanted to scream at whoever wrote it. It was the most affecting movie I have seen in a long time.

I'm still hoping we get a TV/Movies/Music subcategory sometime soon.

I hope you get to see "King Kong" since you like Adrien Brody. I too hope that we get a movies/tv/music subcategory soon!

BTW - did anyone see "The Baxter" starring Michael Showalter of Stella? Or am I the only one? I was one of five people in the showing that I went too. Which is a shame, because it was a cute movie.

It just came out on DVD, and I recommend it if you want a cute romantic comedy.

i really wanna see brokeback mountain...good luck getting my boyfriend to take me to that, lol.

of the movies i've seen in the past month, i LOVED jarhead and thought walk the line was overrated.

*JJ* said:
i saw the family stone. it was ok. not what i expected, though.
Yeah, the previews looked pretty weak. I really don't like it when movies try to annoit themselves as Holiday classics when they haven't even been released yet. I also really can't stand Sarah Jessica Parker (it's amazing I was able to watch every single episode of Sex and the City). She and Jennifer Aniston are on my "Why are these women so famous?" list.

I saw the lion the witch and the wardrobe it was good but I preferred the TV adaption -- and i saw king kong last night and I loved it - oh i cried at the end .. even though I new what was going to happen it was just sooooo sad. i thought it was amazing the graphics and detail is amazing - am sure it will get lots of oscars

The last movie I saw in the theatre was Doom, per the bf's request. This weekend we rented House of D with David Duchovny (I'm an X-Files fanatic:P ). I really liked it. I would really like to see the Chronicles of Narnia.

Cristina said:
The last movie I saw in the theatre was Doom, per the bf's request. This weekend we rented House of D with David Duchovny (I'm an X-Files fanatic:P ). I really liked it. I would really like to see the Chronicles of Narnia.
Doom was absolutely horrible. The worst movie I've ever seen.

Vlad said:
Doom was absolutely horrible. The worst movie I've ever seen.

It wouldn't have been my choice for a Friday night date, but my bf really likes the game, so we had to see what the movie was like. My vote for the worst movie goes to Jeepers Creepers, which I thought was terrible!

"Memoirs of a Geisha" is a very visually beautiful movie. The costumes and cinametography are gorgeous, and if you liked the book, you'll probably enjoy the movie.

The two top films on my "gotta see" list right now are "Brokeback Mountain" and "Pride & Prejudice". Love those heavy-breather romances. I also really want to see "Good Night & Good Luck" and "Munich".

The last move I saw was rent - AWFUL.

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes five hundred twenty-five thousand moments... exactly how long it feels.