Mousseline + Cashmere ?????

Jun 23, 2007
Really, is mousseline really not a winter-friendly fabric? I wanted to wear a gorgeous new sweater, which is two-ply cashmere, yummy, soft, warm and a perfect match for one of my new mousselines. The mousseline had a mind of its own anyway when we purchased it. It just didn't want to cooperate at the store. It had a lot of static electricity and it couldn't even fold up into its box properly. It couldn't stick to itself. Anyway, the other scarf that I purchased didn't do this. ANYWAY...
I had a mousseline hanging on a hanger, Rayure de Mexique, which goes with everything and never gave me a minute of trouble, did not like to be with my sweater. I was also wearing a cashmere pullover under the cardigan.
So, what I'm thinking, is the fabric anti-cashmere? Anti-low humidity? I have a whole-house humidifier on both of our furnaces. I don't think I have ever worn a mousseline with anything but cotton or silk or polyester, even.
So, what gives? Is it me or is it mousseline? Are the beautiful new scarves that I have not attracted to my lovely new cashmere sweaters and tops? I guess a silk/cashmere GM is sort of seasonal unless I know I'm going someplace chilly in the summer.
Anyone else? Any ideas?
Thanks!!

Have worn the purple Nuess Imaginaires mousseline this winter but with cotton long sleeve shirt. Until today, it hasn't been cold enough for me to reach for the cashmere. After working outside in a hoodie and 2 pairs of gloves for 2 hours, hunger hit and the hands were cold to the bone. Warmth evaded me for hours despite the hot tea and hot shower. Yep, cashmere is one of 3 layers I'm sportin' but no mousseline.

Are the humidifiers functioning properly? Cruddy mineral deposits build up and the unit has to be cleaned.

So, it turns out that the scarf just sort of de-clung itself, but I called for a new one. Seems like it is the show cases that electrocutes them! I took my own moussie home. If it bothers me again, I'll get another one. I wore the offending outfit with a 90 cashmere bolduc yesterday. I was cashmered everywhere but below the belt! So, we shall see.
I was surprised not to get any other answers about similar problems.

i find cashmere is terribly static prone. I have mousselines and twills and both do this when worn with cashmere or other silks. cotton or linen no.

Thanks for the clear answer. I guess I never thought of mousseline as a winter scarf, but this particular GM wanted to be worn with a sweater. Since I pretty much live in cashmere because of it's 0 weight and warmth. I can wear it year-round.

I'll have to save my moussies for my linens and cottons and silks.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the clear answer. I guess I never thought of mousseline as a winter scarf, but this particular GM wanted to be worn with a sweater. Since I pretty much live in cashmere because of it's 0 weight and warmth. I can wear it year-round.

Thanks again.

Hi Balto! I wear my mousseline with cashmere and sweaters because the colors work so well for winter. I've had a little bit of a static issue but nothing so much that it deters me from wearing them. Sometimes I just realize it's a little stuck to my arm when I'm sitting at my desk. :P

Sometimes I spray myself with that static guard spray before I put on my scarves and I find that helps as well.

Thanks again.

i hate static! i am one of those people that is constantly getting shocked in the winter. i only wear cashmere as a cardigan or in a piece of outerwear. I am highly sensitive to all wool and cant wear it against my skin so i mostly wear cotton tshirts like 3 dot or cotton shirts with say a sweater or cardi over them. i can get away with my scarves as most of it is wrapped around my neck...........

Thanks again.

I noticed in your first post you mentioned you had cashmere on top of cashmere. I find that two items of cashmere create 100 x more static. I personally don't need to add a silk scarf in order to look like some sort of weird middle-school-science-experiment :smile: when I have a cash cardi over a cash sweater.

I noticed in your first post you mentioned you had cashmere on top of cashmere. I find that two items of cashmere create 100 x more static. I personally don't need to add a silk scarf in order to look like some sort of weird middle-school-science-experiment :smile: when I have a cash cardi over a cash sweater.

Oh my goodness that is so funny!!,

Wow, I really hope you are joking or I would be really upset. I wear a cashmere pullover everyday, with a double-ply cashmere cardigan. This combination never produces problems. It's a look that I prefer because it is soft, comfortable, weightless. This keeps me warm without adding any weight to my back, which is in constant pain.

Wow, I really hope you are joking or I would be really upset. I wear a cashmere pullover everyday, with a double-ply cashmere cardigan. This combination never produces problems. It's a look that I prefer because it is soft, comfortable, weightless. This keeps me warm without adding any weight to my back, which is in constant pain.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, BBL -- it isn't the look of 2 sweaters, it is how the cashmere seems to interact, giving me so much static I can almost light up a lightbulb ;) Hair flyaway, sparks, the whole thing. I can only imagine what would happen on me if I added a light silk scarf -- it would probably climb up my flying-away-with-static hair.

It was TOTALLY NOT A COMMENT on the look of 2 cashmere sweaters, and I apologize if I inadvertently offended you. It was just a comment on my experience with static when wearing 2 cashmere sweaters.

It is also informative just to hear views from all of you about the static thing..as I m newly moved to a 4 seasons country, and very time me and DD or vice versa would be passing electricity to each other. Is so good to hear what to and not to combine to wear. Lesson learnt here! TQ

Sorry if I wasn't clear, BBL -- it isn't the look of 2 sweaters, it is how the cashmere seems to interact, giving me so much static I can almost light up a lightbulb ;) Hair flyaway, sparks, the whole thing. I can only imagine what would happen on me if I added a light silk scarf -- it would probably climb up my flying-away-with-static hair.

It was TOTALLY NOT A COMMENT on the look of 2 cashmere sweaters, and I apologize if I inadvertently offended you. It was just a comment on my experience with static when wearing 2 cashmere sweaters.

CowPrincess, I was only saying that thee combination of the sweaters didn't give me problems. I am actually really lucky that my hair doesn't react that way. I understood that you were not commenting on my fashion choices:smile:. Sorry I overreacted, but I sometimes evoke awful comments that really hurt my feelings.
You know, there is cashmere, and then, there is CASHMERE. It's like a cheap silk scarf and an Hermes or Gucci scarf. Just the weight, the fibers it's different.
Thanks for your feedback.
beeble.

I tried a brand new mousseline with a cashmere sweater yesterday with no problems. It was one of those cold dry days combined with tons of wind too that is usually good for static.

So, it turns out that the scarf just sort of de-clung itself, but I called for a new one. Seems like it is the show cases that electrocutes them! I took my own moussie home. If it bothers me again, I'll get another one. I wore the offending outfit with a 90 cashmere bolduc yesterday. I was cashmered everywhere but below the belt! So, we shall see.
I was surprised not to get any other answers about similar problems.

You wanted to exchange yours for one without static? :thinking:
When it get's dry here (my office is the worst) everything get's static-y. Hair, wool, silk, carpet - regardless of material or quality. Another reason to look forward to spring!