Mousse and gris-vert...

ali w

Meditating.....
O.G.
Nov 29, 2006
Can anyone tell me if these two colors are similar of very different:confused1: I have never seen mousse in person but in pics it looks light grey. TIA;)

I have a mousse paddy and it is quite a deep grey with a tiny hint of green. It isn't dark grey, but it isn't light either. Could it be the case that gris-vert is the french name for the same colour?

Hi, if you search the older threads someone did a good explanation a while ago - but it's something like this (bad rendition :P) - mousse was the first version of this color, and the edging is (I believe) a darker gray/green - gris-vert is the following season, and although the bags are basically the same color leather, the trimming/edging on the gris-vert is more of a purple-y color. Again, this is from memory, so I would do a search, but hope this points in the right direction! :smile:

I have both the gris vert and the mousse. The gris vert is darker and has more of a greenish tinge plus the edging is almost a purple color. The mousse is lighter with more if a blue gray tone and the edging is the same hue of the bag but darker. If you like blue I would go with the mousse, and if you like a more greenish cast I would go with the gris vert. They are VERY close, but not identical. (I don't have a digital camera to use!):wlae:

I bought a mousse from NAP but the description just given by Beanie for Gris vert matches my mousse better than the one she gave for mousse!?! Maybe I actually have Gris Vert. Well, its a gorgeous bag anyway, and I love the silver hardware whichever it is.

I have the large front pocket paddy in gris-vert. Now I've just seen one in mousse and it looks light blue-ish/grey. So I was thinking of getting it. But I don't want to get it if it looks the same as my other one.

I have mousse and there is a definitely sage undertone. Here are pics to help!

Attachments

• Paddy1.jpg
    Paddy1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Paddy2.jpg
    Paddy2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Paddy3.jpg
    Paddy3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture 383.jpg
    Picture 383.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 58
I agree, there are definitely green/sage undertones to the mousse, depending on the light!
Here's mine:

Attachments

• dovepaddycloseup.jpg
    dovepaddycloseup.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 60
chicky and jag thanks for the photos, that helps. The two colors are a tad bit different but not enough to have the same bag in those colors. Thanks so much everybody for your help, I don't know what I would do without this place:girlsigh::heart::heart: