Mouse ran me out of my house last night!

I have a mice problem in my house and I hate it! When I first noticed we had mice I bought these kind of live traps and actually caught about 6 of them! http://www.idealtruevalue.com/servlet/the-131410/Detail We bought this gel stuff by the same company and used it to lure them in the traps. http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2660318 It totally worked and we were catching them left and right. Unfortunately I did not know mice can travel 2 miles or more back to their home, so I just let them go a few houses down in a park. I swear they just ran back to our house and then they got smart and wouldn't go in the traps anymore. I then bought real (kill) traps because I was/am so disgusted by them living in the house but they were still smart enough to not get trapped. They somehow figured out how to eat all the peanut butter off the trap without it going off. I bought every kind of trap out there and nothing. We do not leave any kind of food out at all hoping that will drive them out. We only keep food in the refrigerator. They still live in the house though because I can hear them sometimes in the wall or I come across a poop. Ew! In our bathroom wall a mouse chews or digs on something for an hour or two every night. It's so annoying.

Last edited:
I have a mice problem in my house and I hate it! When I first noticed we had mice I bought these kind of live traps and actually caught about 6 of them! http://www.idealtruevalue.com/servlet/the-131410/Detail We bought this gel stuff by the same company and used it to lure them in the traps. http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2660318 It totally worked and we were catching them left and right. Unfortunately I did not know mice can travel 2 miles or more back to their home, so I just let them go a few houses down in a park. I swear they just ran back to our house and then they got smart and wouldn't go in the traps anymore. I then bought real (kill) traps because I was/am so disgusted by them living in the house but they were still smart enough to not get trapped. They somehow figured out how to eat all the peanut butter off the trap without it going off. I bought every kind of trap out there and nothing. We do not leave any kind of food out at all hoping that will drive them out. We only keep food in the refrigerator. They still live in the house though because I can hear them sometimes in the wall or I come across a poop. Ew! In our bathroom wall a mouse chews or digs on something for an hour or two every night. It's so annoying.

I had a mouse do that last year :Push: It sucked so much, because for a while I could not quite tell where he was :cursing: and once I did I had to keep on knocking so he would stop! I just thank my lucky stars Pedrito doesn't do that :rolleyes: he would merely takes laps around in my room and eat the darn M&Ms and poop of course :yucky:

BF and I were joking that they either moved because of M&M shortage or they got sick from all the chocolate they ate :faint: lol.

I have been reading so much about peanut butter, so I decided to dab some on top of the M&Ms and the chocolate in both traps... only when I was thinking about this, I heard Pedrito :wtf:
He's baaaaaack :s
I spotted him as he approached the location where the trap near my bed is :yes: he slowly walked towards it and then JUMPED over it to keep on going :rolleyes:

I dabbed the peanut butter on the treats and around the trap to give it that nice PB scent :nuts:

That little rascal better get inside either one tonight!

I have been enjoying your story! You have made having a mouse visitor very entertaining and humorus! I have to admit I am coming back daily to look for updates and to find out if you catch him! This would make a really cute children's story book.

I had to same problem when we moved into our new house. We called the mouse the PhD mouse. We tried the peanut butter on traps, he would eat the peanut butter with the trap untouched, tried cheese, same thing. Even had an exterminator come in and he was also outsmarted. I would hear him eating Awesome-O's food at night. Even tried rat poison that is suppose to attact rats, Mr. PhD didnt touch.

but one day, I saw parts of the wall in a perfect little corner coming from behind the stove. But at first, I thought it was Awesome-O playing with something. But the next morning I woke up and the pile was bigger and then I realized the the PhD mouse was getting in through the garage and eating a whole through the wall from behind the stove. DH and I moved the stove and there was the whole big. We patched the whole up and have been PhD mouse free since then, but he did live with us for about 2 months. They are some smart creatures.

Hello boys and girls :smile:
First off, I'm ever so happy to be doing my part to entertain the masses :P

Second, I'm sad to report that I have not been able to catch Pedrito. He is having such fun at my apartment that he has invited a friend over, whom I happened to meet yesterday when he scared the bejesus out of me after he jumped terrified off the couch as I looked for a box :wtf:
He is similar in size, but much more scared than Pedrito will ever be. I call him Jose.

Jose likes to quietly kick it in the kitchen, while Pedrito has a favorite spot right under the TV stand where he digs and jumps for about 3 hours or so. That restless little bastard :Push:

I'm also sad to report that due to the increase in poop I have been forced to get other traps and hire a cat. Yes, a cat. I have been informed that he likes to catch mice and I'm relying on that as my last resort.

I didn't mind their company, but they have overstayed their welcome and I need my sleep :yes: so drastic measures have been taken by bf and we are hoping that they get the hint and leave on their own before Cat gets them :sweatdrop:

I last spotted Pedrito at his favorite hang out earlier today and he seemed rather unfazed, which worried me as I was looking right at him :nogood: "You should really leave buddy," I said. He just moved to another spot.

He is so fresh :supacool:

Last edited:
Aww I think mice are so cute, with their little twitchy noses.

But obviously, I will never have a mouse problem in my house!

Love your story, let us know what happens.

we had one in our house earlier this year... i discovered in when i stumbled into the loo in the morning and i heard a little sound but didnt think much of it... i also didnt have my contacts in so i bend down to see what that dark blur was and AHHH it was a mouse and i was stuck in this tiny tiny room with it AHHH so i hoped up onto the toilet seat and opened the door and quickly slammed it behind him.

Scared the **** out of me - and my parents when they awoke to me screaming the house down.

The next night we kept my cats out of their room at night hoping to scare it away but they killed it mighty quickly and i woke up to them bringing me a present....

Have you tried to find out where the mice are coming in the house? I would buy a few packages of metal mesh (looks like Brillo that you scrub pots with) you can buy it in any hardware store. I would move the appliances in the kitchen and look for any holes and push the wire mesh in to the holes and use foam spray caulking over it. I also would do the same thing for all pipes under the sinks in the bathroom and laundry room. We had a mouse come through a small hole the size of a quarter in back of our stove. I am surprised that the traps did not work. My kids art teacher had a mice problem in her house, coming from the basement and she bought one of those pest control things you plug in the wall and it sends out a noise that humans can't hear but it is supposed to get rid of pests. She said it worked and she did not see any more mice in her kitchen again. They literally would eat her bags of food in her cabinet or bread drawer. Good luck.