Mou birkin

In the last le Monde, there was a "Travel" HAC. It was a 50 cm. It was constructed with aluminum hardware. The leather escapes me right now, but it was folded on top of itself. Maybe it is considered a mou, too.:smile:

Balto Bag Lady said:
In the last le Monde, there was a "Travel" HAC. It was a 50 cm. It was constructed with aluminum hardware. The leather escapes me right now, but it was folded on top of itself. Maybe it is considered a mou, too.:smile:

It is in Togo, lined in toile. It is on display at the NY Madison Ave store for men. I'll try to snap a picture of the window. They would not take it from the window for me to feel how light it is :sad:

The mou purses can be collapsed for traveling, at least that's what I've always thought. I don't think just the term floppy as in any leather that is slouchy qualifies as a mou. For example, the Kelly flat is sellier stitched but can be folded. I know there are mou bolides and mou kellys other than the flat that are considered mou but a mou birkin would be news to me (and I'm always open to new news!).

I would translate mou as soft or slouchy.

Did it look to be 50 cm? Togo seems a bit heavy, but the toile lining lightens its weight by half. I just checked the le Monde again. Anodized aluminum to lighten it's parts. They should only make all their bags have an option like this to (1) lighten the bag and (2) heaven forbid lighten it's price?

There is an old thread about the mou purses complete with a picture of one of our members who demostrated how easily her mou kelly collapsed. She took the eraser tip of a pencil and while the bag was on its back, she pushed the eraser tip on the bottom and the bag folded. My guess is the interior support of mous are different as in lacking something akin to interfacing in a garment that would add some degree of stiffness/support in specific areas such as parts of a collar or down the front placket where the button holes are sewn.

Did it look to be 50 cm? Togo seems a bit heavy, but the toile lining lightens its weight by half. I just checked the le Monde again. Anodized aluminum to lighten it's parts. They should only make all their bags have an option like this to (1) lighten the bag and (2) heaven forbid lighten it's price?

Ok, I snapped a couple of pics on the way to work of the HAC on the window of the men's store on Madison Av. It did look like a 50cm. The aluminum hardware looked interesting. It is hard to tell how slouchy it truly is, as they most likely stuffed it with something...

I wonder what the price of the bag is... they will probably charge the same as a regular HAC claiming it's the labor not the raw materials that drive the cost?

Attachments

• hac1.jpg
    hac1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 673
  • hac2.jpg
    hac2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 252
  • hac3.jpg
    hac3.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 243
attachment.php

Here you go, a huge HAC needs a blow-up. Thanks, Valmont for the photos!

When I think of it, I'll get the le Monde and scan the page. Just a lazy BBL today.