Motivation to buy luxury products and your perception of luxury product users

Why do you purchase luxury products?

• I buy luxury products to impress others

• I buy luxury products to show my own personality

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello everyone,

I have been thinking about two questions lately. Presumably a lot of us here enjoy luxury products. So here are the two questions.

1. If you do enjoying buying luxury products, why do you enjoy buying luxury products or what motivates you to buy them.
2. While we are the luxury product lovers, what do you think other people perceive us who carry luxury products (say carry our Chanel bags) around? Do people generally have positive attitude towards luxury product users? How do you think of other luxury product users?

Are you doing a paper for a project or business?
I am a researcher myself and I do know a lot of literature on luxury consumption. But I am also a luxury product lover. I generally like to think about these kind of questions as I think those questions are very fascinating and would love to hear about other people's opinions. Would love to hear about your opinion too, if you have one.

Are you doing a paper for a project or business?

There are so many threads and posts on why people buy luxe items, have you done a search?
I am actually quite new here, despite that I have been a member for a while. I rarely get on here, and I am still struggling with how to search and etc. Can you kindly point me to one of those threads? Thanks a ton.