Mothership growing larger.

^^WN, I think coz Qld is so full of tourists but they're all put off after seeing our prices, lol!

I would be too! I cringe at paying the premium, unless it's something that's exactly what I want and I'm in the mood for instant gratification. If the Oz tPF chapter meets up, I'm purely along for the ride. No shopping at Oz prices.

We should just meet in Melbourne just to strategise for our Paris trip. The Oz meeting can be a preliminary to the real McCoy (and you'll delay gratification once you realise the savings).

I selfishly say this because I think:
1.Melbourne's food is better
2.Yarra is nearby
3.I can go do Shag as well. I LOVE their stuff. The Chapel St store is choc-a-bloc w/ goodies.

yeah it's true! the mothership is growing!

actually, I don't know really when the renovation will be done.
The first floor will be finish in summer 2007. and the second floor in winter 2007 (mmm I guess maybe it will split in 2008...)

The first floor is very small now :
- the leather dpt.
- accessoires
- les "Carrés"
- perfume
- tie
- john lobb
- sellerie

the second floor is a more bigger:
- womens / shoes dpt
- mens / shoes dpt
- agendas (only for the christmas time)
- art de vivre
- art de la table
- children
- bijouterie (jewelry)
:flowers:

If it wasn't a 48 hour round-trip just to get there, I'd come along :biggrin: I love food in Melb (Oz in general, actually) and the clothes there are great!

ETA: Mmmm, I love the mothership, just to go upstairs and walk around on that gorgeous carpet (yes, sad, isn't it)

they also hired 300 more craftsmen to speed up production, per the wall st. journal today.
LV is switching to assembly-style production - hopefully hermes will not follow suit.

I truthfully don't think this would ever happen. I think that the way these bags have been made, which has remained the same for generations IS what makes the bags HERMES. If they change this, I'll stop buying them and Hermes knows that most people will, too.

BUt I'd LOVE to see more Paris sq. footage! I'm there! :wlae: :wlae: :wlae: :graucho:

Excerpt from an article I just recieved:

To meet demand, fashion houses are aggressively opening shops again after a long hiatus. Louis Vuitton recently inaugurated a new boutique in Budapest, while Valentino and Ferragamo signed leases in India. French fashion house Hermes International is expanding its flagship Paris boutique so it will take up half a block.

I bet I'm not the only one here thrilled to hear this! Group excursion to Paris, anyone??

GF- If you supply a Birkin trust for me (ladies, you are all welcome to contribute :graucho:), I will buy my ticket TODAY. My own money will be used for necessities such as crocodile le chein bracelets, ski resort cashmere sweaters and furry hats, and shoes. Oh, and more teacups.

yeah it's true! the mothership is growing!

actually, I don't know really when the renovation will be done.
The first floor will be finish in summer 2007. and the second floor in winter 2007 (mmm I guess maybe it will split in 2008...)

The first floor is very small now :
- the leather dpt.
- accessoires
- les "Carrés"
- perfume
- tie
- john lobb
- sellerie

the second floor is a more bigger:
- womens / shoes dpt
- mens / shoes dpt
- agendas (only for the christmas time)
- art de vivre
- art de la table
- children
- bijouterie (jewelry)
:flowers:

Oh god, when are they starting the renovations ??
I dn't want to be there when they are renovating :s