Mother's Day gift for 65 year old Mum

kylz

Jun 30, 2015
Hi all,
My mum has been eyeing off my LV's since I started collecting 2 years ago but doesn't have any bags or SLG's. I want to buy her a first piece for Mother's Day but can't afford a bag. What are your recommendations? I was thinking a Mini Pochette in Mono? MTIA [emoji4]

Reactions: netter

luvspurses

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
mini pochette or full size pochette if that would not stretch the budget too much. both are great. the advantage to the full size is that you can add a cross body strap and fit a cell phone. how nice that you want to do this for your mum : )

1LV

Jan 10, 2016
How sweet of you! You can't beat the mini pochette or the toiletry pouch (19 or 26) practicality.

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hi all,
My mum has been eyeing off my LV's since I started collecting 2 years ago but doesn't have any bags or SLG's. I want to buy her a first piece for Mother's Day but can't afford a bag. What are your recommendations? I was thinking a Mini Pochette in Mono? MTIA [emoji4]
If she lives close to you and you're within a reasonable distance of a LV, then how about make it a day with her? Start with something like a brunch - mums like brunches - and take her to the store where she, after getting a budget ceiling, can peruse and examine the things that catch her eye. If you're not close to a store then sit down with her if you can and go over the LV website together.

Reactions: Nerja and LoVe

kylz

Jun 30, 2015
Thanks for all your responses! Pickle123, do you prefer Mono, DE or DA?

Pickle123

Jan 11, 2016
Charlotte NC
I like mono a lot but only in small doses, so all my slg's are in mono and my 1 bag is in DE. Can you tell which print your Mom admires most about your collection?

LVlifer

Feb 23, 2016
I think a mini pochette in Mono would be a GREAT gift for your mom. I have one and LOVE it.

kylz

Jun 30, 2015
I like mono a lot but only in small doses, so all my slg's are in mono and my 1 bag is in DE. Can you tell which print your Mom admires most about your collection?
She seems to like the Mono print and told me she thought my Rosalie coin purse was beautiful! I wish I could afford to buy her a Capucines [emoji20] she loves it!

LoVe

O.G.
Jun 18, 2007
She seems to like the Mono print and told me she thought my Rosalie coin purse was beautiful! I wish I could afford to buy her a Capucines [emoji20] she loves it!
Rosalie coin purse would be so much nicer and more thoughtful than a pochette, which just seems rather plain in comparison, IMHO. I do think it's better to sit down with her and look at the website together. She's at that age where getting something she will really enjoy beats getting a surprise. My mom is turning 60 next month and I wish I could afford anything LV for her. :frown:

Reactions: HandbagDiva354