Mothballs smell get rid of from canvas

Swedengirl

Jan 20, 2016
I am looking at purchasing a preloved Noe in Damier Azur in great condition however the seller is saying it has a faint “storage smell”. I asked what it was and she replied it has been stored in a warehouse of a consignment store that also sells furniture etc and they used mothballs.

Does anybody have any experience in mothballs smell on items and if it’s possible at all to get out of an LV canvas item?

Thank you

Reactions: abrajnosi
Oh no :sad: I ordered the bag but have 14 days return option so I’m hoping the smell won’t be there and that I will love the bag. Will keep you posted. The bag will arrive on Friday.

Hi. I recently bought an Alma PM in monogram that was preloved. When I got it, it also had a "storage" smell that the seller did not disclose. I used Zero Odor spray and it took the smell out completely. https://www.zeroodor.com/

I sprayed the inside of the bag until it was damp then let it dry completely. Once it was dry the odor was gone. It did leave a slight smell to it but it was a sort of clean smell if that makes sense. Way better than the storage smell. I just sprayed it with Febreze for fabrics the same way and now it just smells fresh. Good luck