Most value-for-money Chanel purchase?

peachypink

Mar 12, 2013
Hello!

I am planning to buy a small classic flap in caviar but haven’t gotten my head around the new price increases (and how INSANE it will be + customs) yet.
I don’t like the look/quality of the new bags, and have been looking into the recommended Japanese ebay resellers for bags within the last decade (pre 2015). I am still however terrified of superfakes as the newer bags are easier to copy than vintage pieces.
What are you all’s recommendation? I know this is a bag i want to keep forever, so I don’t mind if I don’t have the full frills, but I also don’t want a brand new bag! What do you think, just go for it and buy brand new (but mega overpriced for quality) or pre-loved through japanese reseller ebay? I have also been thinking of WOC, but i think maybe this is an item that is maybe better to buy from the store? I have no idea!

Thanks for the help!!

kadya

Sep 5, 2018
It’s totally up to you. It sounds as though you prefer pre-loved, which is great - just be sure you are buying from a reputable reseller and I would also go a step further and get it authenticated by a third party service.

I will tell you that personally, Chanel is the one brand I am hesitant to buy pre-loved from the newer seasons. For that amount of money, I want there to be no doubt in my mind that it’s genuine.

Reactions: Jem131