Most RARE &/or DESIRED MJ bags!

I have owned lots of MJ bags throughout the past few years, and probably sold the rarest, a Vermillion Sophia/Stella hobo (mint, only carried it a couple of times) and an original black hobo with the turnlock closure flap on front, which had beautiful pink suede lining, also mint--I think that's the one I wish I had kept. The leather was a bit heavier as it was from his first years......oh well, the bag quest continues, some come, some go......

Do you mean this one?

hobo2.jpg

I was in search of this bag for the longest time. I had originally bought one from Bloomingdales in Ivory, but I always wanted it in black. I sold my Ivory one and after years of looking, I finally found it in black for a fantastic price (prior to that time, I'd find them on ebay but they were always priced outrageously high). I loved the bag and used it for quite a while, but when I decided to buy a Balenciaga, I sold a few of my bags including this one (my logic was that the Balenciaga bag I got was black w/brass hardware & I didn't need two black bags w/brass hardware - Stupid, I know!) - I've always regretted that decision!! In my opinion, this is the perfect bag - perfect size (not to big, not too small), convenient pockets, gorgeous lining and a perfect, comfortable fit on the shoulder. If I ever come across another one on ebay (for a decent price) I'd probably snatch it up!

^
This is the bag I use when it rains, it's still perfect on the outside but the beautiful pink suede is a bit discoloured now (newspaper print eeek). Agree it's the perfect size and I adore the turnlocks :smile:

Is there a difference between Petrol and Light Petrol? I've seen Light Petrol....

Petrol is from Fall 2005 and light petrol is from Fall 2007. Petrol is bluer whereas light petrol is greener. Also, petrol Stams were quilted (Icey or nappa leather) with gorgeous suede lining but light petrol Stams were only available in patchwork with canvas lining. Here are to pics to compare:

Petrol Stam with icey leather (from tPF member Kitcat)
attachment.php

Light Petrol Stam (Shopbop)
attachment.php

Attachments

• light petrol stam.jpg
    light petrol stam.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 506
Most popular? Stam and anything with pushlocks...that's what people not in the MJ loop can recognize.
Most Desired? Well, by me, the Tessa and Tere...you can throw a stone and find the most popular bags in stores and on eBay (rampant fakery aside). But, I've never seen a Tessa on eBay and the Tere is up for sale very infrequently. I want both in Rose Red...though I would happily take the Marigold or Black...:girlsigh: