Most RARE &/or DESIRED MJ bags!

OMG I know this is wayyy after the fact, but congrats to Purse Passion on winning that beautiful bag! Great deal too. How are you liking it IRL??? If you are not too shy, you should post pics of you wearing your new bag!

I really want a grape Sofia from the first season. I came so close to buying one on ebay and then chickened out b/c the price was too high. I still regret that. It looked just like the gorgeous grape stella posted earlier in this thread, but in the smaller Sofia (first season "f" for Ms. Coppola!) style. >>Sigh<< chances lost.:sad: ...

You mean this bag....

That's my pride & joy - The leather is unbelievable - Way better than the leather used on the newer bags - Esp on the Ltd Ed ones (the ones that reproduced the buckles) - The leather was so stiff & hard on those bags. Nothing compares to the leather on my original grape sophia!!

Attachments

• auth orig sophia.jpg
    auth orig sophia.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 116
I love the Sophia the best, but am desperately looking for Karolina or Scarlet in Blue. Pls let me know if anyone has one!

I have the Karolina in blue - It's one of my favorite bags. You have to like large bags though, becuz this one's a biggie! I think it's even bigger than the stella.

Attachments

• karolina.jpg
    karolina.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 65
You mean this bag....

That's my pride & joy - The leather is unbelievable - Way better than the leather used on the newer bags - Esp on the Ltd Ed ones (the ones that reproduced the buckles) - The leather was so stiff & hard on those bags. Nothing compares to the leather on my original grape sophia!!

YES! That is the one! I think it may have been displaced as my #1 choice by that Vermillion Sofia/Stella shown above, but it is still #2 and if I ever saw one on Ebay I would NOT hesitate this time!!! :Push:

My favs are the
1. collection edition stella in antique white with brass buckles
2. The two tone shoppers that came in carribean blue and the other in mango gold hardware
3. Perforated Tote in whiskey
4. Petrol Stam
5. Sophia in Tomato
6. Large Multi pocket in Stark White...camel stitching with silver hardware
7..ok..I'm listing all the bags...guess I'll stop there... :smile: mags

Oh i love that grape stella !!!

I love plum colors in general... =)

Right now longing for an Anouk, Soft Calf Leather Tote with the zippers on top, a Stella, a patent black zip clutch. I'm a newbie and trying to build up my collection except that the bags i like tend to be one offs (anouk, tote...)

my boss came between me and a green anouk on ebay... sigh. I'm still mourning about that one.... :crybaby:

There are a couple that I would like to add in no particular order:

1. Totally Turnlock Satchel in Firebird Red
2. Baby Barrell
3. Perforated Flap in White
4. Quilted Wristlet in White
5. Totally Turnlock Posh Wristlet in Mustard

I don't know if these are all that coveted by others, but I own a couple of MJs I consider to be quite rare: My large black python frame bag (with the braided goatskin handles) and bright pink suede interior, and my large ivory quilted patent leather Swagger with black leather trim.
I've never seen anyone carrying either of those bags, and I love them.:heart:

I have a happy ending to the above post i made long ago... I actually bought the beautiful Vermillion hobo (i think from spring '03?) that was one of my most desired and very rare bags! :yahoo:I just love it so much. The leather is amazing - so soft and light. And the color is just breathtaking, especially for someone like me who loves bright, saturated bags. Here is a pic of my new baby!
Now if only I could find that large canary MP, I think my MJ collection would be complete...:beach:

Attachments

• VermillionHobo.jpg
    VermillionHobo.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 97
I have owned lots of MJ bags throughout the past few years, and probably sold the rarest, a Vermillion Sophia/Stella hobo (mint, only carried it a couple of times) and an original black hobo with the turnlock closure flap on front, which had beautiful pink suede lining, also mint--I think that's the one I wish I had kept. The leather was a bit heavier as it was from his first years......oh well, the bag quest continues, some come, some go......

I really, really, really love my Graphite Venetia. I got in in London last fall, and have yet to find one anywhere else, including Ebay.

So I'm not too sure how "hard to find" it is, but I just adore it.