Food Most expensive meal?

Oh, how many bags could be bought for the cost of all that food and wine! :devil:

Obviously over the years, I have eaten at a lot of different restaurants in different places, most of the time as someone's date or guest, so I don't know the most expensive.

Some of the best food I have ever had was in New Orleans. Before, of course. I don't know if now... but anyway the absolute bestest restaurant food I've had in recent years is a local Bangladeshi restaurant with a chef who is an Artist. World Class Food, by any standard. And yes, halal meat. :smile:

The largest tab we ever had there was 5 years ago, my father-in-law's 70th birthday - 5 course dinner for 10 - $125 We did pick it up, though, and because we are such loyal customers, they made me a sweet deal :biggrin:

[[WEE-YiN__XO]];3584771 said:
The Ivy (For 4)

3 alcoholic & 1 coke.
1 appetizer
4 Entrees
2 deserts & 1 iced tea.

The total was $241 & $15 tip.
The food is great there.
I am now a regular there, I go often for lunch.
Although it is usually full of celebrities.

Im not sure if im reading this right but 15% of $241 is $36.15 so you tipped about 6.2% at a place like that? :confused1:

Just under $500 for the 2 of us at Rain (my favourite restaurant) in Toronto, Ontario. This also included drinks and a bottle of wine. We both got the tasting menu - you don't know what you're going to get, it's whatever the chef decides for that night and they always serve my favourite every time we go:yahoo: My DH often gets invited to the restaurant when they are taping for their show and its much cheaper so we always go on those nights too.

I went to most of the restaurants here in Toronto's Elm Street.
Averagely, the bill came up to about $150 or so. One time though, my friend and I were kind of buzzed and my friend accidentally tipped them $100 on top of the $20 I already threw in.

I don't remember what the bill came up to at Sassafraz in Yorkville, but oh man, I must say that the trout is freaking awesome! :P