Most embarrassing moment with your purse/shoulderbag

One of the moments that I can think of right now:

After work, I was rushing to get into the metro train before its doors closed, and I got in with no problem, but the doors closed on my purse and wouldn't budge. In front of everyone that could see in a crowded train, I started yanking frantically. There was a nice man on the outside of the train who was pushing at it to get it through, and he was laughing nervously. It was an ongoing task of my yanking and his pushing until others watched until the bag slipped through as the doors opened briefly. A few commented, "Oh, what a nice stranger! Many people wouldn't do something like that for another."

It was this no-name purse that I didn't really care for though and only had my mother bought for function for like 2 bucks, lol.

One of the moments that I can think of right now:

After work, I was rushing to get into the metro train before its doors closed, and I got in with no problem, but the doors closed on my purse and wouldn't budge. In front of everyone that could see in a crowded train, I started yanking frantically. There was a nice man on the outside of the train who was pushing at it to get it through, and he was laughing nervously. It was an ongoing task of my yanking and his pushing until others watched until the bag slipped through as the doors opened briefly. A few commented, "Oh, what a nice stranger! Many people wouldn't do something like that for another."

It was this no-name purse that I didn't really care for though and only had my mother bought for function for like 2 bucks, lol.

Thank goodness!!
I was imagining my poor lambskin flap getting caught!!!!:nuts:

Recently on a trip to visit a sick relative, the hospital security were looking through everyone's bags. Inside my green Prada were pastel colored marshmallows just floating around loosely. The bag they were in had popped! So as he was sorting through the contents, there would be random marshmallows falling out!

iwas in a grocery store with a very large shoulder bag so I had it kind of slung behind me so I could pick up items w/o it getting in the way. Low and behold, there was a stack of wine cases as a display, with the top layer being loose bottles.

My bag struck the bottles. As several onlookers and employees looked on in horror, the bottles swung back and forth, clanking against each other. We waited for 12 bottles of red wine to come crashing down everywhere.

MIRACULOUSLY only one bottle fell off and broke, and I was the only one who got wine-stained. I was SO embarrassed!:shame::shame::shame::shame:

OK this one you will enjoy...

My, uh, "friend" was running down into the metro station to catch the train at Houston to go uptown, and it was POURING rain. She fell down the stairs flat on her face into a large puddle, spilling the contents of her purse into the water. Also the bag slid in the puddle like at least four feet away from the point of impact with the ground. She got up, brushed herself off, and scrambled to gather her things. Finally as she runs her metrocard through the reader and gets onto the platform, the doors to the subway car closed right in her face.

I guess it doesn't have much to do with the bag, but it was soaked, and ruined, and I can't help but wish i'd at least carried a bag that closed. :crybaby:

Word of advice.... LET THE TRAIN GO!!:P another will come

I was having a drink with my friend at happy hour. I had just returned the day before from a mini vacation with my kids so I still had random vacation items in my bag. Well I was gesturing as I was telling my friend a story and knocked my purse off of the bar. My stuff went flying and 3 guys were close by and started picking up my things for me. I couldn't even turn and look at them cuz I had remembered that my son had won a pair of fake handcuffs at the carnival and they were in my purse! They started hooting and hollering and my friend couldn't understand why I wasn't going over to pick up my stuff with them, but I just kept trying to mouth the words "I had HANDCUFFS in there" to her while my back was turned to the commotion going on! I finally turned around and started to explain to the guys that they were my son's (and by now they were actually waving them around to everyone!) but of course they would have no part of that and just kept giving me crap about being kinky! It was pretty funny but then within a few minutes the whole place heard about the handcuffs in my purse. I don't think I had to pay for a drink all night though, LOL!