Most difficult time deciding: Discontinued LV or Goyard

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
Hello!

I’ve been researching and posting recently to get help in choosing a practical non leather black bag (with gold hardware or one that matches gold jewelry).

I posted here on purpose to hear the opinion of LV fans.

Most important to me, esthetics and durability.

My choices:

Louis Vuitton black denim neo cabby GM

Or

Goyard St Louis PM in black.

Does anyone else think that the goyard has cool undertones because of the white chevron and might look best with silver jewelry?

Thanks in advance!

D2690BF3-9DAB-4644-A113-73FC35D00BE9.png DAF17D1A-F487-4949-ADDE-ABA85E082E3A.jpeg

Reactions: lizaariani59
If you're looking for durability, do some research in the Goyard forum. The St. Louis is not particularly durable. I love the look of it, though, and have debated getting one myself many times!

Reactions: XCCX
If you're looking for durability, do some research in the Goyard forum. The St. Louis is not particularly durable. I love the look of it, though, and have debated getting one myself many times!

Thank you all for replying.

Can you suggest a durable tote or shoulder bag in black with gold hardware?

I posted asking for suggestions in the general handbag forum but it’s seems to be very slow there? Or am I asking for the impossible lol

I like the look of the Goyard but keep in mind it is fragile esp. where the handles are attached to the bag. I have read many posts in the Goyard St. Louis thread with people being disappointed with the way the straps crack and the bag generally does not hold up over time. Plus, Goyard is not very easy to work with regarding repairs of this bag. Of course there are exceptions, but I have read enough negative comments that I have shied away from it. And if you ever go into a Goyard boutique, you quickly realize this is an entry bag into the house and the staff is not that enthused about helping with the low-end items. A lot of side-eying. I would order from Bergdorf- they seem more friendly.

I cannot say a good brand for what you are looking for. If you like the look of the LV (which I do- it has a cool retro vibe- no JC)- that would be my choice- and I am sure it will hold up far better than the Goyard.

Reactions: jbags07 and XCCX
I think the Goyard would work with gold jewelry. But I've read it's not a durable bag, so for that reason, I wouldn't recommend that one.

I like the LV denim line, so I'd consider that bag if it were in great condition. I like the floppy style of it and the big chunky hardware. I went through a phase of not liking the big monograming on my bags, so I sold my 2 LV denim pieces. Another regret.

As for non-leather LV black and gold hardware...I think you've stumped me! Have you looked at the men's canvas line?

Thank you so much for the thoughtful response.

Yes, I’ve read alot about Goyard too and I’m not sure i love the cool tone of the black one to begin with..

I absolutely love this specific denim bag from LV! As I mentioned before I do own the MM size and still love it alot! More than many other current LVs. That’s why I’m tempted to get it in the bigger size as well. It’s not like I’m only recently feeling it and have the risk of getting over it soon, I mean if you loved a bag 11-12 years ago and still do, that does mean something right?

Ofcourse after all, this is a very personal choice like everything else related to style and taste. But I must admit I was disappointed with all the negative comments about this particular bag when I first posted about it yesterday, I do care about the general input regarding a fashion item and I do like to consult others and I came to the LV forum (biased) hoping to get an approval so I guess I was surprised I didn’t lol.
Please don’t get me wrong, I appreciate everyone’s honest opinion and that’s what I was looking for :hug:

One more thought, in my opinion, if LV decided today to bring back the denim line, I bet it will be the hottest trend of the season! Dior saddle bag is an example ;)

I like the look of the Goyard but keep in mind it is fragile esp. where the handles are attached to the bag. I have read many posts in the Goyard St. Louis thread with people being disappointed with the way the straps crack and the bag generally does not hold up over time. Plus, Goyard is not very easy to work with regarding repairs of this bag. Of course there are exceptions, but I have read enough negative comments that I have shied away from it. And if you ever go into a Goyard boutique, you quickly realize this is an entry bag into the house and the staff is not that enthused about helping with the low-end items. A lot of side-eying. I would order from Bergdorf- they seem more friendly.

I cannot say a good brand for what you are looking for. If you like the look of the LV (which I do- it has a cool retro vibe- no JC)- that would be my choice- and I am sure it will hold up far better than the Goyard.

I think the Goyard would work with gold jewelry. But I've read it's not a durable bag, so for that reason, I wouldn't recommend that one.

I like the LV denim line, so I'd consider that bag if it were in great condition. I like the floppy style of it and the big chunky hardware. I went through a phase of not liking the big monograming on my bags, so I sold my 2 LV denim pieces. Another regret.

As for non-leather LV black and gold hardware...I think you've stumped me! Have you looked at the men's canvas line?

Oh yes I did, I’ve always admired the graphite print BUT it has silver hardware :sad: