Most comfortable shoes, period -- no matter how ugly?

I LOVE my black Keen Briggs! :tup: I wear them with insoles and I even wear them for work (7.5 hours on my feet). These are my travel shoes which have gone to all over Europe. :smile:

The most comfortable pair of shoes I own are my Onitsuka Tigers Fencing LA!!! They are awesome for walking and I'm always on my feet and they never get sore or tired with these shoes!

http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpage.asp?gen=w&pcid=96095
I just bought a second pair of these Faryl Robin boots because they are so comfortable and they were on sale at Bloomies. I can wear them all day and into the evening and they feel like slippers. Don't know if they would provide the support you want for walking around Europe. My Bjorn sandals are very comfortable and seem to be indestructible. I've done miles and miles of walking in them. And the other shoes that were really comfortable for me were Cole Haan mocassins, kind of a woven loafer style.

What about a pair of Tod's or Hogan sneakers if they are ok for your budget? If it's for your trip to Italy you could also buy them directly here, they are around 230 euro :graucho:
My Tod's are the most comfy shoes I have ever had and they are very easy to match! :yes:
I would also recommend a kind of Fornarina sandals but they were made some years ago, they were very very comfy and cute! Take a look if you come to Italy! ;)

^ I had a terrible experience with Doc Marteen's!! They are so painful for me!! I bought a pair in London in 1997, they made me PAIN and I had BLOOD from my poor feet!! I used them only once for the pain... and they were so cute with the Union Jack in red and purple :sad:

Alice in Italy, I have a couple pairs of Tods driving shoes, but I simply don't find them that comfortable for all-day walking. I wish I did -- they'd be so much more attractive than any of my other options!

I wore Pumas the last time I was in Europe. Mine are more black than these, and I noticed that many Europeans also were wearing Pumas in black or black Converse.

Honestly, I just can't do the ugly sandal thing.