Most comfortable pumps for work?

Jun 18, 2012
I need to find comfy shoes for work. I want style but need to be able to walk around all day without my feet hurting.

My requirements?
• 2-3"
• Leather
• Classic styling
• Closed in pump
• Rounded toe preferred but, I can do pointed toe if the shoe is comfy

I'd prefer to keep the shoes under $500. But, if you have a suggestion that is incredibly comfortable but more expensive, I'd like to hear about it. :amuse:

Paul Green shoes. Google them at Nordstrom. I would have never picked up this brand on my own but the day before a business trip, I ran into Nordstrom's looking for a comfortable pair of travel shoes. I travel with a guy who 6'6'' and he takes long strides so I almost have to run to keep up. The sales guy directed me to these shoes. OMG. So comfortable. They are not youthful, cutting edge style but they aren't old lady either. If I run across any of these at a Nordstrom Rack in my size now, I snap them up.

The Gucci Marmont mid-heel leather pump meets all of your requirements and is surprisingly very comfortable and classic. The price is a bit higher at $790 but worth it, IMO. I have them in black suede but would definitely purchase in leather as well. HTH and good luck in finding your most perfect and comfy pair!

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Anything AGL, super soft leather, I have flats and heels from them and either type can walk all day, no blisters or pain or trouble walking like with traditional pumps, last a long time. Sold at Nordstrom, sometimes Nordstrom Rack (I see far less there now than a few years ago though), they are about $300-400 full price but do go on sale, I bought most of mine at the Rack, many were even the worn and refurbished when those were all $79.97 no matter how much original price was. Aww, those were the days!

ditto the above lk bennett and jimmy choo recs. LOVE them both. i hiked all over manhattan one day with three 6'+ guys on business meetings and had no problems in my lk bennetts, think they're 3.5".

Reactions: Ania
I need to find comfy shoes for work. I want style but need to be able to walk around all day without my feet hurting.

My requirements?
• 2-3"
• Leather
• Classic styling
• Closed in pump
• Rounded toe preferred but, I can do pointed toe if the shoe is comfy

I'd prefer to keep the shoes under $500. But, if you have a suggestion that is incredibly comfortable but more expensive, I'd like to hear about it. :amuse:

FSJ (on amazon) has some very stylish yet comfy pointed toe pumps in the 3 to 4 inch heel range. I wore them nearly everyday before graduating to a much higher heel some time ago. Good Luck.

Ditto with the Ferragamos - Vara pumps with the bow are classic. Lots of colors and leather/fabric combos too. They come in flats, pumps (which I own, I believe they're 2"), kitten heels, mid-height heels and tall heels. I believe they retail for a bit more than your budget, but sometimes colors will go on sale at the end of the season (means they're discontinuing that colorway), though the classic colors never go on sale. You can also see if you can get a department store discount on them (ie. purchase over $x get $y gift card) to make them a bit cheaper. They're also plentiful on the secondhand market :smile:

My tip for any high end shoe purchase, break them in a bit and then get them resoled - they'll last longer!

I have four pairs of ferragamo Varas for work. Wonderful shoes. On the super affordable (and ultra comfortable end) I also have four pairs of Rockport Total Motion Kalila pumps.