Morgan Freeman

Wow. . .

Morgan Freeman's step-granddaughter is stabbed to death on Manhattan sidewalk: Police arrive to 'find screaming ex-boyfriend' standing over the 33-year-old actress's body and arrest him

• When police arrived at the scene they found E'Dena Hines, 33, unresponsive with stab wounds to her torso
  • Police say her ex-boyfriend, whose name they did not release, was screaming as he stood over her lifeless body when police arrived
  • Hines is the granddaughter of Freeman's first wife Jeanette Adair Bradshaw
  • Hines was an aspiring actress who moved back to NYC in April after landing a role in an indie film following a two year hiatus
  • Hines also spent time in her native Memphis, Tennessee helping youths
  • In 2012 Freeman was forced to dispel rumors that he planned on marrying Hines
Morgan Freeman's step-granddaughter was stabbed to death on a Manhattan sidewalk early on Sunday morning.
When police arrived at the scene they found E'Dena Hines, 33, unresponsive with stab wounds to her torso outside a building in the Washington Heights area of New York City just before 3:00 a.m.
Her ex-boyfriend was standing over her body screaming and the knife was recovered at the scene, reports The New York Post. Police arrested the man and took him to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital for psychiatric evaluation.
Hines is the granddaughter of Freeman's first wife Jeanette Adair Bradshaw. She is sometimes referred as Freeman's goddaughter in addition to his step-granddaughter.
2B6B0BDF00000578-0-image-m-61_1439750593380.jpg

Tragic death: Police say Morgan Freeman's step-granddaughter E'Dena Hines, 33, was stabbed to death on a Manhattan sidewalk early on Sunday. Police say her 'ex-boyfriend' was standing over her body screaming incoherently when they arrived at the scene

2B6B083B00000578-3200180-image-a-7_1439750964508.jpg
2B6B07EE00000578-3200180-image-m-6_1439750958097.jpg

Morgan Freeman, pictured with his step-granddaughter at two events in 2008, was forced to dispel rumors in 2012 that he planned to marry her.

E'Dena Hines was pronounced dead at Harlem Hospital shortly after the stabbing.
Police have not yet said if the man is facing any charges nor do they know what made him ‘snap.’
According to Hines' personal website she was an actor and writer living in New York City where she studied at New York University's Graduate Acting Program.
In addition to being an aspiring actress in New York, she also taught under-exposed youth in her native Memphis, Tennessee where she moved after she failed to land gigs.

She called New York home again last April after being cast in a small indie film called Landing Up which began shooting in June. She spoke of her excitement about the career changing role on her blog.
'My dream has come true and its just beginning. Life can make you want to give up or walk away; sometimes it gives you the strength to appreciate when you do get your happy ending,' she wrote in a blog post on July 7.
According to her IMDB she also played the receptionist in a film called Five Flights Up, a yoga student in the TV series A Minority Report, and a maid in the film Moll of Flanders starring Morgan Freeman.

In 2012 Freeman was forced to dispel rumors that he planned on marrying the actress and that they were in a romantic relationship for 10 years prior.

2B6B16E200000578-3200180-image-a-2_1439754124947.jpg

Aspiring actress: According to Hines' personal website she was an actor and writer living in New York City where she studied at New York University's Graduate Acting Program

'The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers.
'What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well,' the actor said in 2012.
The father-of-four's stance was backed up by E'Dena, who issued a statement of her own after the rumors surfaced.
She said: 'These stories about me and my grandfather are not only untrue, they are also hurtful to me and my family.'

2B6B16E600000578-3200180-image-m-5_1439754186408.jpg

Wore many hats: In addition to being an aspiring actress in New York, she also taught under-exposed youth in her native Memphis, Tennessee where she moved after she failed to land gigs

Morgan was married to Jeanette Adair Bradshaw from 1967 until 1979.
He then married costume designer Myrna Colley-Lee on June 16, 1984, and it was in 2009 during their messy divorce that the allegations about the Deep Impact favourite emerged.
If the rumours had been true the relationship would have shared eerie similarities to the one between Woody Allen and his now wife Soon-Yi Previn.
She was the adopted daughter of the director's long-time partner Mia Farrow, who he was with from 1980, until she learned they had became lovers in 1992.
It led to a storm of publicity about their relationship, though they later got married in 1997.
The investigation is ongoing. Freeman has not yet spoken out following Hines' tragic death.

2B6B16EA00000578-3200180-image-a-4_1439754183012.jpg

Followed her dreams: She moved back to New York last April after being cast in a small indie film called Landing Up which began shooting in June

2B6B07F200000578-3200180-image-a-8_1439751280581.jpg

Old flame: E'Dena is the granddaughter of Morgan's first wife Jeanette Adair Bradshaw, seen here with the star in 1978. Hines is the granddaughter of Freeman's first wife Jeanette Adair Bradshaw.

2B6B083700000578-3200180-image-a-9_1439751319189.jpg

E'Dena Hines denied the rumors she was romantically liked to Freeman and said: 'These stories about me and my grandfather are not only untrue, they are also hurtful to me and my family'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3200180/Morgan-Freeman-s-step-granddaughter-stabbed-death-crazed-ex-boyfriend-Manhattan-sidewalk.html#ixzz3j0kkjtrC

Despite their denial, i believe Morgan Freeman had a relationship with her in the past. The pictures of them together give me vibes. I hope he wasn't involved in this lover's quarrel gone wrong :sad:

Last edited:
^From this article it sounds like he was her current boyfriend.

Pal: Morgan Freeman’s Grandkid, Boyfriend Were ‘Ecstatic’ Before Murder

A friend of the actress saw a happy couple hours before police say her boyfriend stabbed her to death on a Manhattan street.

The boyfriend of Morgan Freeman’s granddaughter is being charged with her murder, according to the NYPD, after they say Lamar Davenport with stabbed E’Dena Hines to death in Manhattan early Sunday.

Hines, 33, was found lying in the street outside her West 162nd Street apartment in Washington Heights, cops say. The budding actress had been stabbed multiple times in the torso. She was transported to Harlem Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Davenport, 30, was arrested and transported to Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center for a psychiatric evaluation, authorities said. He was charged with second-degree murder on Monday.

Cops appeared to give slightly different accounts of the crime scene to local NYC tabloids—in one telling, they found Hines’s boyfriend standing over her and screaming. In another, the alleged killer was kneeling over Hines’s body and spouting religious statements.

George Hudacko, who allegedly saw the attack and called 911, told the Daily News the suspect was repeating: “Get out devils! I cast you out devils in the name of Jesus Christ! I cast you out!”

On Sunday, Hines’s pal Ray Rosario identified his best friend, Lamar Davenport, as the alleged killer. Rosario told The Daily Beast he went out for dinner with Hines, Davenport, and other friends on the night she was killed.

“I’m still trying to come to grips with what happened,” Rosario told The Daily Beast. “I’m caught between the hate I have for him, my love for him being my brother, and my heart breaking for her.”

Rosario said Davenport and Hines seemed “ecstatic” in the hours before her death. “I’ve never seen E’Dena as happy as she was last night,” he said.

He added that another acquaintance had allegedly witnessed Hines’s murder.

“I heard [it] went to the point she was screaming Lamar's name and getting stabbed in front of her house,” Rosario said. “He was there. Right in front of his eyes.”

Calls to Davenport’s relatives were not returned.

Freeman released a statement mourning Hines, who is the granddaughter of his first wife, Jeanette Adair Bradshaw.

“The world will never know her artistry and talent, and how much she had to offer,” Freeman said. “Her friends and family were fortunate enough to have known what she meant as a person. Her star will continue to shine bright in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. May she rest in peace.”

Hines apparently moved to New York this summer to star in the independent dramatic comedy Landing Up.

The investigation into her death is ongoing, an NYPD spokeswoman said.

On her blog, Hines wrote that she left the Big Apple two years ago for Memphis, Tennessee, because she was “unfulfilled.”

“The only logical thing to do when you feel like you’re going nowhere is to move to essentially—no where. After two years, I felt I had conquered the weasel and was ready to go after what I truly wanted,” she wrote on July 7.

But the city called Hines back in April, when she auditioned for Landing Up after a classmate recommended her. (According to her website, Hines studied at New York University’s graduate acting program.)

“My dream has come true and its just beginning,” Hines wrote. “Life can make you want to give up or walk away; sometimes it gives you the strength to appreciate when you do get your happy ending.”

Former NYU classmates were devastated by Hines’s death.

One colleague, Victoria Mack, told The Daily Beast that the actress “was one of the most energetic and warmest people I’d ever met.”

“She was a true talent,” said Mack, who was a year ahead of Hines. “She really was, and I’m so upset people won’t know that now… She would have had a great career.” Hines was elated to return to New York to jump start her acting career, Mack said.

“She’s gotten attention for her family, and she’s just so much more than that,” the classmate said.

Hines and Morgan are not related by blood. The 78-year-old actor adopted E’Dena’s mother, Deena, who is Bradshaw’s biological daughter, according to reports.

In 2012, Morgan shot down rumors that he was romantically involved with Hines, who often accompanied him to premieres and award shows.

Another friend, playwright and novelist Carl Hancock Rux, said he planned to get dinner with Hines on Friday but had to reschedule for the next week.

“That was the last time we spoke,” Rux told The Daily Beast, adding, “I know this is irrational … but I feel like I’m one of those people who insisted that she move back to New York City to pursue her career as an actor.”

Rux said he loved Hines and thought her relationship with her boyfriend was on-again, off-again.

“She was too talented to waste her gifts,” an inconsolable Rux added. “I insisted she needed to be in New York.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...n-s-granddaughter-found-stabbed-to-death.html

this is sad
as far as the relationship story, the original source was National Enquirer?
It could be true but I wouldn't accept it as fact from that source....I'm kind of surprised Huff Post ran with the story
On the other hand, I suppose if he didn't sue there could be some truth to it